Big fat failure!

Jennifer Nice
on 1/29/11 10:05 am - Pueblo, CO
I'm a big fat failure! I was 414, got down to 260, now back up to 300. I'm looking into getting a revision. I need to lose 100 more pounds.

Just wanted to share, with the rest of you, that I am a failure.

Not that many people come here anymore. Everyone must be doing great! But me
Meghan R.
on 7/12/11 7:03 am - Tinley Park, IL
You are definitely no failure.

remember why you chose to have this surgery? I remember.
I was so EXCITED about losing the weight finally, and yes I too gained some back. I lost some of it though. I'm holding steady at 172lbs. I was 324.

I forget some key rules, which I TRY my best to still adhere to:
your "tool" (pouch, etc.) is still there - try and re-train it to work again.

I thankfully still get sick from fatty foods and sugary foods. I am finding alcohol is the kicker for me because I don't eat bad food, and I still can't eat a lot of food, but if I have more than a couple glasses of wine, well I gain. I wonder why? :)

I notice as well that if I restrict my caloric intake and the amount of food I take in, along with not drinking while I am eating, I can get some small amount of restriction back from my pouch. I try to remember these things. I just mainly try and remember why I did this, what I wanted from my life, and that the only person that I will fail the most, is ME. If I want to run through a drive thru or eat fast food, I am the only one that will suffer, so I don't. It's hard, of course it is. You know we never would have had the surgery if it wasn't.

Good luck, and if possible, try and go back to the "basics" as my surgeon would tell me once you get so far out from surgery and things seem to stop working and go backwards. Fill up on protein, protein, protein....I try and find delicious and healthy recipes I can make, and mostly, I try and find alternative's to my favorite foods, the ones that taste the best but are the worst for me.

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 10:21 am
Were in the same boat I'm now 180 yuk hate it gotta take back what the devil stole from me I feel terrible 35pound weight gain is TERRIBLE!!!!!!! But I just joined the Y on the 2nd lost 4.5 pounds I'm trying We can do it but its so hard so HARD teeling everybody WATCH PLEAS B CAREFUL it will come back the weigh that is
Jennifer Nice
on 4/24/12 6:24 am - Pueblo, CO
I'm feeling better. I never did go in for a revision, but I have lost 30 pounds since December! I can't tell all y'all how much better I am feeling I'm still dropping weight. I totally had to change my whole lifestyle. I workout 3 times a week, and have dropped almost all carbs. Veggies are my HUGE friend.
stormy
on 6/6/12 7:48 am - Fall Creek, OR
My gosh... you have lost and kept off OVER 100 lbs, YOU are AMAZING!!!
we all gain some of it back if we aren't careful... I am not careful, I've gained 50lbs but I lost 133lb to begin with... I'm working on losing 30 of the 50, and it's really hard... but I know I've come a very long way just as you have. I can bend over and tie my shoes now... and I can get up off the floor, I am doing great... and so are you, think about your successes and be proud, you've come so far.  Don't give up on your self.
((HUGS))

DOVEWINGS
on 2/6/11 1:25 pm - MABLETON, GA
No you are not a failure you just back slid just like I did...I was 346 got down to 179 and holding at around 220 to 230....I refuse to beat myself down because it will do me no good....I am telling myself to start somewhere and exercise....It is in me to make the change and I know it is in you as well...You can do it just one day at a time....This thing we call life is one person per body....Make the adjustment just the way you want too....
Most Active
Recent Topics
14 years later
Jeniferlee · 0 replies · 268 views
Struggling
TyAnn S. · 0 replies · 948 views
6 Years Later
Gus H. · 0 replies · 1093 views
I'm proud of myself
stormy · 1 replies · 955 views