Live video of a Lap RNY

LisaDawn
on 3/18/06 1:46 pm - S.E. coast of, FL
I found something tonight that I was totally fascinated with. The anticipation and anxiety of my surgery next month led me web surfin' and I found this video. If you don't like seeing the insides of a person or stuff like this makes you queeeezy, don'****ch it. I'm nervous about my surgery so I think in a way watching it eased my mind a bit. It really portrays the confidence and experience of the surgeon and seemingly simple procedure. And for a surgeon who IS experienced with such confidence, it made me realize how his/her's hour or so worth of recontructing our insides is minimal worries compared to the life-long years reconstructing that WE will have to do changing our current living and eating habits. BUT....I'm pleased to say that I now have less fears and anxiety of the surgery itself. And hoping I'll have the same such confidence as my surgeon to be able to follow his post-op rules and guidelines for a healthy and successful journey. Again I'll say, If you don't like watching stuff like this, don't. Some people do, so this is for ya'll. Hang in there....... our month is almost here!!
LisaDawn
on 3/18/06 2:00 pm - S.E. coast of, FL
Oops! Here's the link: LIVE VIDEO then click on "view live webcast"
LisaDawn
on 3/18/06 2:01 pm - S.E. coast of, FL
Cc T.
on 3/18/06 2:18 pm - Mimosa, FL
I watched this last week. Took the mystery away, that's for sure. I tend to fear the unknown more than the reality so this was calming for me. That stapler scissor thing was amazing. Cc
LisaDawn
on 3/18/06 2:42 pm - S.E. coast of, FL
Cc writes: That stapler scissor thing was amazing. Wasn't it though? The whole thing was amazing.. at first I thought, now that looks like a chicken looks when you're cutting one up, then he got all in there and I saw stuff I always wondered what it looked like . When the one dr read an email question from a viewer and asked what all that yellow looking stuff was, and the surgeon said, "FAT".. I laughed. Then he said, "unfortunately you can't take it out". Now wouldn't that be cool.. gastric bypass AND lipsuction all in one shot? : )
skinnycat
on 3/19/06 4:16 am - Peabody, MA
Hi Everyone, I am so glad I found this website. It is awesome. Everyone is so nice and supportive. Parlee, good luck on Monday. I will say a prayer for you. Donna
newgirl143
on 3/19/06 12:21 am - baltimore, MD
Congrats Lisa. and thanks for the site I work in surgery and I actually have assist on these types of surgerys before so I know first hand what to expect and sometimes that makes me more fearsume then most cause I know what happens in the Operating room....It is truly amazing how they rearrange our pluming so to speak lol...........Best of luck to you hope tha tyou have a successful journey see you on the losing side Hugs Lisa
ss
on 3/21/06 7:56 am - Deerfield, IL
Thanks for this link. I am so incredibly nervous about my upcoming surgery. This was helpful, but very eye opening for me. I wish you the best of luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
14 years later
Jeniferlee · 0 replies · 268 views
Struggling
TyAnn S. · 0 replies · 948 views
6 Years Later
Gus H. · 0 replies · 1093 views
I'm proud of myself
stormy · 1 replies · 956 views