Recent Posts

Jeniferlee
on 4/24/20 10:58 pm - DA UP OF, MI
Topic: 14 years later

Just got to thinking today that my WLS day was coming up. It's in 2 days. Just curious if anyone ever checks in on here.

I've gained a bit back but keeping most of it off. I miss being able to eat whatever I want. Aka sweets.

Anyone else????

Live life to the fullest!
         You only get one go around so use it well...

TyAnn S.
on 7/16/14 3:26 am - ELKHART, IN
Topic: RE: Surgery 04.27.06 -- update 7 years later

That is a lot to deal with, I hope you continue to take care of yourself!

TyAnn
Surgery Date 4/11/06
350/150/127
BELOW GOAL!!!! AND STILL LOSING

TyAnn S.
on 7/16/14 3:25 am - ELKHART, IN
Topic: Struggling

I am 8 years post op and I am having some complications I think that may be related to surgery. Wanted to get some advice. First a recap, I was 358 lbs and lost as much as 225 lbs but gained 75 back so I am sitting at about 220lbs now. Of course I am not happy with that but I am trying to get back on track. My issues are that regardless of what I eat I feel nasea after and a need to lie day till it passes (usually and hour). I am afraid to eat much of anything these days.

Anyone else struggle with this? My doctor passed away so I need to find a new doctor soon.

TyAnn
Surgery Date 4/11/06
350/150/127
BELOW GOAL!!!! AND STILL LOSING

Meghan R.
on 7/30/13 1:26 am - Tinley Park, IL
Topic: Surgery 04.27.06 -- update 7 years later

Hello  All

I noticed it's very very quiet around here, and just wanted to stop in and say hello and let you know how I am doing, 7 years later. I've had some direct health problems as a result of the surgery specifically the fact that I do not absorb iron so I had to have iron transfusions, and will for the rest of my life. I gained a little with emotional issues because that's my "comfort", and boy, i've had a lot of them in my short time here. The most heart breaking of all is that mixed in with an amazingly happy occasion, which was that my husband and I bought our first home together, I then find out my beautiful older sister has terminal lung and brain cancer. She has stage IV lung cancer that metastasized into her brain and turned into Stage IV brain cancer. Her cancer is terminal, not treatable and not curable. The doctors can give her "palliative" care to ease her pain, but, that's it. I never learned how to cope with difficult situations without using food prior to surgery, and that was my downfall after surgery. I have used other ways to cope that are not healthy, but, not food. Because I have this unnatural fear of being who I was before....

anyways that's me -- I had a car accident(s), severe ones, one seizure, iron transfusions, I am back in my size 10's and can get into my size 8's...and 12's are easy.

good luck!

amizell
on 5/29/13 3:14 am - TN
VSG on 11/19/12
Topic: RE: Building a WLS Iphone, Blackberry App- HELP !!!

Vicky,

Did you get his app developed and if so, what is the name?

Jeniferlee
on 11/14/12 4:28 am - DA UP OF, MI
Topic: RE: A fresh start....

Sorry I am just reading this post today.   Where I am today is up from the last time I posted my weight- according to my doc's scale only up 5 pounds from last year but I think it lies. When I last stepped on the scale it read 167 so that is up a lot but still down 143 from my highest weight.  My excuse is I can't exercise because of leg pain due to a car accident I had a few years ago but that in itself isn't the reason.  I eat dumb things, chips, small bites of chocolate, frosted animal crackers are my downfall, I drink with my meals, I DO NOT follow any of the rules like I did 6 years ago.  I am still thankful that I had the surgery but do regret it when I want to eat a donut (or a dozen) but overall still glad I was given the tool for weight loss even if I don't use it right all the time. 

Jeniferlee
on 11/14/12 4:16 am - DA UP OF, MI
Topic: RE: I'm proud of myself

I love how positive you are!  You have done a great job, keep up the good work a 1/2 marathon is amazing. 

Gus H.
on 7/30/12 2:10 am - La Puente, CA
Topic: RE: 6 years since our surgery, wow.
I recall this board was so hot then. Today, everyone including me is on Facebook.
Gus H.
on 7/30/12 2:09 am - La Puente, CA
Topic: 6 Years Later
I had a bowel obstruction last year
I had my RNY reversed during surgery and, had my small bowe removed (90%) of it.
Was on a feeding tube for 8 months and doing so much better today.
stormy
on 6/6/12 8:27 am - Fall Creek, OR
Topic: I'm proud of myself
I do spend time beating myself up a lot... I've gained weight, but I'm better then where I was.  The fat lady in the mirror is still there looking back at me and I just don't think that will ever change. 
I'm trying again to drop 30lbs... but hey it's not 130lbs like before.
This is why I'm proud of myself so far this year I have done a 1/2 marathon that is 13.1 miles (took me 3 hrs and 46 min). 
I am moving and I'm living life and I go out dancing and I hike to the top of mountains...  I am successful even if I'm not a size 10 (I'm a 16) but when I started out I was a size 26!!!
I love life and I will always struggle to keep the weight off but I think that just makes me a normal middle aged woman.
Most Active
Recent Topics
14 years later
Jeniferlee · 0 replies · 270 views
Struggling
TyAnn S. · 0 replies · 948 views
6 Years Later
Gus H. · 0 replies · 1094 views
I'm proud of myself
stormy · 1 replies · 957 views