Chronic Sickness Since Gastric Bypass?

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/10 2:51 am - NY
Has anyone here been sick with strange new problems since gastric bypass surgery?  We're all three years out and I'd like to talk with anyone that has been experiencing problems.  I have been incredibly sick and want to see what other people are going through.  Maybe we can compare notes.  I need to try and find out what I am doing wrong so I can hope to possibly fix my new problems! 

Email [email protected] for a really quick response or if you simply want privacy. 
scorpio18
on 3/15/11 12:46 pm - Bobcaygeon, Canada
Hi There

I have been sick since my surgery 4 years ago.  The only way I can keep any food down is taking Domperidone 10mg 4-6 times a day after I eat anything and I do mean anything.  Istill take Nexium 40 mg twice a day for the GERD.  I've had abcess' every 4-6 weeks, now the ne infection is cellulitis.  I have had it twice in 10 months.  I have to now have IV antibiotics therapy due to the fact that the antibiotics that you take orally gives me IBS and I am in agony.  So, no more oral antibiotics.  I am at  point in my life right now that I am so very tired of climbing this uphill battle that I just want to lay down and go to sleep and not wake up.  I am so discouraged and frustrated.  I live in Canada and had my surgery in Michigan and the Dr.'s here just keep passing me from one to another.  No one wants to deal with my health issues here.  I just keep getting sicker and sicker.  I am running out of steam.  They say be an advocate for your own health,,,,good luck with that..they just knock you down,,,, because after all they are the Doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa A.
on 8/1/10 10:44 pm

My hubby got very sick post gastric and they had to strech his pouch out and he get a vit b shot and also has taken relclaspe to help with severe osteoperosis from  calcium deficency. we also been eating gummy bears vit that we get from costco seems to help with digestion. seems pills were not digestin as well. seems to help him .. I was so malnourished  after my recent surgery, I had to increase my caloric intake and also took vit c and oh my the nausea went away and i feel so much better just taking  vits like hubby did.. U did not mention what new problems. I am feeling amazing and doing well with a slight unfill and taking the gummy vit  Good luck susan. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years ago today......
shar S. · 3 replies · 908 views
Well 6 years where have they gone?
Jody U. · 0 replies · 904 views
Ugh Revision
InkedNPierced · 0 replies · 1008 views
Hello strangers
CrystalH · 0 replies · 972 views
Hello Again
deelight152 · 2 replies · 1117 views