April '08 Surgeries ~ Post your Progress :)

LauraCLT
on 5/4/08 10:28 am - Newbury Park, CA
Hi All, I had my RNY on 4/23 and am doing well! Yesterday I hit the wall with protein shakes, and was so thankful to start on soft solids today. All-in-all, everything is going well. How about you? Laura
CyndiLee
on 5/5/08 7:16 am - McDonough, GA
Hi Laura, Congratulations....I'm so glad you are feeling and doing so well. I had my surgery on April 28th. Today I started the full liquid diet where I can finally have protein shakes, cream soups (without lumps) s/f pudding and fudgesicles... I think I am doing great. I've been very shocked at how good I feel and how NOT HUNGRY I am. It is amazing. I have lost 16 pounds since surgery. WOW. That is 16 pounds in 1 week. I have lost 27 pounds since April 15th, when I started my Pre-op. Unbelievable. I would say things are going great. I love my RYN!!! Cyndi
mum
on 5/6/08 5:14 am
I had my banding on 4/23, still on CIB, broth and jello until my first post-op visit day after tomorrow. Hope to be given green light to move to stage 3 diet and actually add something I can chew. I think I have lost a lot these two weeks, plus I lost some pre-op. (My scale at home is not consistent.) Clothes are looser and people say they can see it in my face! I had to find a belt, otherwise I would be in trouble with KEYS in my pocket! The downside is the hunger before I eat and the stomach pains after. I am taking the liquids VERY slowly so am perplexed at this reaction. By the time the stomach pains subside I am hungry again! (As in feeling weak and dizzy hungry.) Anyone having caffeine withdrawal? How are you dealing with it? I have not had coffee since the day before surgery, and have had only tea (hot or iced) in small amounts since then. The headaches are killer, even though I am staying hydrated. Anyone having just a tablespoon to half-cup of coffee just to kick-start the day? -mum (Alice)
TRaphael
on 5/6/08 11:28 pm - East Brunswick, NJ
My high was 365lbs... I was down to 333lbs at the time of surgery. I weighed in at 313lbs one week after surgery. That's 20lbs in 1 week! I am totally excited to see how my body changes over the next year or so.
nascar24n48
on 5/7/08 6:50 am
RNY on 4/16. No vomiting, no pain, lots of energy. No issue other than I havent gotten enough water in the last two days. Put big signs all over my desk and classroom to remind me. Down about 15 pounds post op. I am thinking this is a bit low for 3 weeks out with a starting BMI if 42. Anyone else willing to share their numbers? (Please skip the comparision lectures... I get it!) Just curious about others progress.
tmerrick
on 5/9/08 11:51 pm - KY
I had RNY on 4/22. I have not had any real problems. I am almost 3 weeks out and I, too, was wondering about only losing about 15 pounds. Maybe it is normal if we are both in the same boat. I am hoping to speed up a little. I go back to school (just in time for the last week and a half), maybe I will be happier with the speed when I am back to work and less focused on it. Trina
peachitas
on 5/10/08 2:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi I had my rny on 4/15 and at first it seemed like I would be losing about a pound a day but over the last week plus I haven't lost much of anything. So I am down about 20lbs total and a little concerned that I am not losing more. I might be eating too much or not getting enough water/protien. I don't know what the deal is but I am glad some others are having this experience also. Hopefully we can figure it out together. I don't remember what my bmi was but i was 257 day of surgery and 237 now. I am 5'1". Lisa
twinsdaddy
on 5/10/08 2:54 am - winthrop, MA
Did you have ryn bypass or lap band?
nascar24n48
on 5/12/08 6:33 am
You replied on the April 08 surgery post. I really need to compare notes with you. I seem to lose a 1/2 pound a day and my RNY was 4/16. Starting BMI 42, 242 by surgeon scale day pre-op (246 my scale) and now at 230 my scale. I too am worried my weight loss is low and I swear I am doing everything right!!! What are you eating/drinking and how much are you exercising? Has your surgeon even given you clearance to exercise? Kim
lesasalvador
on 5/7/08 10:52 am - Tucumcari, NM
Hi all I had the lap band on 4-23-08. I am so happy. I have lost 26 pounds, and already feel a difference in my hips adn joints. I did not think 26 pounds meant that much. I started soft food yesterday with a soft boiled egg. Wow was full all day!! Today I have had boiled potatoes and cottage cheese. Filling and finally tasteful. Does anyone have good soft food meals to share? Good luck to all. Lesa
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1006 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 731 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views