problem with oozing out of staples

sandeejo
on 5/12/08 4:42 am
I am now 13 days post op, Friday night I noticed a large warm bump developing around the bottom 5 staples on my stomach, during the night It drained out and then now it has been seeping (ligh****ery blood) ever since through and between two staples. I keep it covered with a gauze but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I am suppose to get my staples out wed.... sandy
LauraCLT
on 5/14/08 10:18 am - Newbury Park, CA
Hi Sandy... I had a laproscopic RNY, but I had this same problem with my hysterectomy a few years back. Everything eventually healed Hope you had a good day today! Laura
Christina K.
on 5/20/08 4:46 pm - San Gabriel, CA
Don't worry, my doctor said it is normal that the body gets fluid where the wounds are and they want it to drain. I had two of my wounds licking ligh****ery blood too for a few days, one morning I woke up soaked I even needed to flip my mattress over, but it will stop soon. Chris
sandeejo
on 5/21/08 6:45 am
Thanks for the reply, I had went to the drs. office to have the staples removed last wed. Dr. was not conserned about the oozing, yep said the same thing they wanted it to drain out, funny you said about having to turn your matress over. I have had the same problem, since I posted the first message, I had gone through another eruption as I put it. I am now down to a little seeping watery blood now again, hoping that this will be it and start to stop now. I got smart and put on an overnight pad over the spot so that works real well. also keeps it dryer. I will be happy when this stops because it is making my incision area sore because it stays moist all the time.. Takes the fun out of everything like trying to keep excercising and stuff up when it is sore like this... Dr. did tell me only will leak for a couple of more days.. well guess it was obviously a guess since it is still doing it week and half later...
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1006 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 731 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views