Feeling very weak

Kelly P.
on 5/18/08 9:38 am - Destrehan, LA
I had lap RNY April 24, 2008. I had a Hiatal Hernia repaired during surgery and have had a hard time with post op pain and recovery. I still feel extremely weak. From reading the paperwork that my Dr. gave me, I drank exactly 4 ounces of O.J. just in case I was hypoglycemic. Anyway, I, almost immediately, felt better but not great. The "better" feeling was short lived. Anyone else have this problem? My follow up is a week away and I am having lab work this week, so hopefully that will show something.
jenna37
on 5/18/08 10:43 pm - Acworth, GA
Are you getting in at least 1/2 your fluid and protien per day? Are you taking an iorn chewable, 2 vitamins and your calcium with vitamin D daily? Maybe you are dehydrated or anemic. OJ is a No no. What pain meds ar you on? Maye it isn't the right one for you and making you weak. Jenna
Keltic_Princess
on 5/20/08 12:08 pm - Canada
How soon did your doctor tell you to take your supplements.I was told I am only to take my Centrum Forte 1 per day and on month three my palifer:Iron and calcium supplements.Just curious what others are doing.
Hair Majesty
on 5/19/08 12:27 am - Katy, TX
I had lap RNY on the 21st and also had a hiatal hernia repaired during surgery. I was extremely weak up until about a week ago. Now I can see that I am feeling a little bit better each and every day. Make sure you are taking your vitamins (including a B12 supplement) and continue trying to get all your protein and water in - I'm sure you'll be feeeling better in a few days!
Christina K.
on 5/20/08 4:09 pm - San Gabriel, CA
I would be calling my Surgeon if I was you. You don't want to end in the ER or having a bigger issue. Better safe than sorry. Good luck and let us know. Chris
Kathy D.
on 5/24/08 3:02 pm - KY
This just goes to show how different the post op directions are from doctor to doctor. Mine says NO fruit juice but yes to my chewable vitamins. I'm still as weak as a kitten, but I find that the more protein I can choke down the better I seem to do. I also do better the more fluids I can handle. I just had my surgery on the 28th, so I'm hoping for some relief, too. I hear that B12 deficiency causes weakness. Maybe your doc could check for that? Best of luck to you.
outerbanksmom
on 6/19/08 2:11 am
My wls was on April 28th. Every few days I feel wiped out. I take 30 minute walks every morning and then I feel the need to just sit and relax for a short time. Some days I feel like I'm back to normal. I thought the low energy was probably due to such low carb intake. Also, I really dread taking these awful protein shakes, so yesterday I bought Nestle's Quick sugar free and added 1 tsp to my Designers Chocolate drink. I can't really tell if it makes any difference, but can't give up trying! ( can't have milk yet)
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1007 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 731 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views