Very sensitive to sugar

kch1168
on 5/20/08 2:05 am
Hi all. I had surgery on April 25. I have found that I am very sensitive to sugar. Apple Sauce, Skim Milk even artificial sweetners make me feel awful. Has anybody had the same problem. I think I'll try again in a couple of weeks. Like I have been reading, Im missing food too. I miss being able to eat whatever I want. Its hard because I have two teenage daughters and I cant eat what they do. But I am slowly eating more normal. I was able to eat half of a sandwhich yesterday. First time I had bread. But it is all for the better right.
jenna37
on 5/21/08 10:49 am - Acworth, GA
I am curious to know how much weight you have lost from the day of surgery until now. I had my surgery 4/29 and I lost 17lbs the first two weeks and then nothing this third week. I want to flip out. I can't do applesauce either and I haven't had much sugar . Splenda never sat good with me even before surgery it always gave me the ****s. LOL. I haven't tried it since surgery though. Hahahahahahaha! I am lactose and I was before surgery as well but now it is much worse. I used to be able to handle small amounts of skim milk and fat free yogurt and now....pa....lease!I have to stay home by the toilet. Your body changes right away. I used to be a sweet freak and I had big trouble the first 9 days with sweet protein drinks and stuff. Sweet makes me gag. I wanted salt salt salt and it was the opposite after surgery. I came out of the OR wanting pizza and tuna with onions. TUNA WITH ONIONS???????? When have I ever liked that? NEVER!!!! Everything will come together and you will never be the same. You will be better. The new and improved! Jenna
kch1168
on 5/21/08 9:31 pm
I am glad to know I am not the only one. I have never been a sweets person but I really like milk so not being able to drink milk sucks. I lost about 20 pounds the two weeks prior to surgery and have lost about thirteen pounds since surgery. I am very frustrated because it has been about two weeks since I have seen a change in the scale. I can tell a difference in my clothes but I want to see the results on the scale.
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1007 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 731 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views