7 months out!! 152 pounds lighter

karenwebb
on 11/10/08 2:56 am

Congrats to everyone who ever decided to take a stand for themselves! I don't know about everyone else but this was the best decision I have ever made in my entire life. Things are so much easier, except for buying clothes. I started as a 26/28 and now I can do a 18. My shirts are from 3x/4x down to xl. That is fabulous. But when I go to buy clothes Im still in my mind thinking Im the fat girl lets get the biggest size. I automatically go to the largest size in the store. I guess its all mental. Also, just have your doctors check for Vitam. D. I found that my vitam. D was really low and now I'm having to take extra supplements for this. Just be aware. Now my wieght is slow about 5-7 pounds per month, but I only want to drop about 60 more. Good luck to all of you and be very proud of yourself.!!!!

nascar24n48
on 11/14/08 12:39 am, edited 11/14/08 4:02 am
Congrats. I soooo understand. I keep finding myself shopping in the "bigger sections" and did it again yesterday at Fashion Bug.  Had a great thrill to be on "the other side!"  I also found out that if I am trying on clothes and am between sizes I now go for the smaller size knowing that in a few weeks they will fit better where before I would go with the larger size in case I gained weight. Bye bye negative thinking! 

I am down from 242 to 154 and from a size 22. I was thrilled to be in 16's just a few months ago and now I am in size 8 comfortable and even some 6's!   I am less than 10 pounds from goal. Who would have thought?   I would do it again in a heart beat and tell everyone who will listen and could benefit from WLS!!!  Still have not vomited. Not even once. I could be the poster child for RNY or so I was told by my support group. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Hoping the other April folks also update and post their stats here!

lplady
on 11/14/08 12:49 am - Lone Pine, CA
I am also as happy as can be about my WLS and will talk to anyone who has questions.  I have lost a total of 120 lbs and couldnt be happier.  I have gone from a size 30 pants to 16 or 18 and from a 4X top to a regular large or XL.  Congrats to all of us and keep up the good work.

highest 342/start 332/surgery 305/current 214

stellalukin
on 11/14/08 1:21 am, edited 11/14/08 1:22 am - Cambridge, MA
It's been a great ride! I LOVE it!! I run a lot- train for races like a madwoman, so that has slowed me down on the weight loss a little bit... I will lose 2lbs, go 2 weeks, lose another 2 lbs... which is fine.

Trying to be dilligent about my vitamins, usually pretty good about them except I don't always get the 5x calcium in every day. Always get my water & I'm at the gym probably more than I should be.

I'm solidly in a size 6, even my feet have shrunk from an 11 to a 10, and everything just feels better. I've stopped shopping at vintage stores because I don't really think I should get too much smaller, and can now shop retail since the clothes will hopefully fit for a while!! Maybe another 10lbs, but that's it.

GOD. The best thing is that for once my new years resolution won't be "lose weight." Imagine that!
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

kittykatzmom
on 11/14/08 1:43 am - Mason co., WA
Okay...I feel like the slow one here, I have lost 97lbs, gone from a size 24 to a 16 and have had 2 3 week stalls already, I get in all my Vits, try and walk atleast 2.5 miles aday, except in this real bad RAINY weather ( Washington  go figure), But I do feel great Just wish the scale would move better. CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU.

~Cindy~

nursesarah
on 11/14/08 5:29 am - CA
Kittykatzmom...Don't feel so behind!  I too have lost 96lbs, and sometimes get frustrated with the scale.  But man, o man, I would not trade this surgery for the WORLD!!  I feel so much better...so much more energy...such smaller clothes!  I wore a size MEDIUM shirt to work today!  MEDIUM!!  I couldn't believe it.  Definitely a little WOW moment!  I look so forward to the future, to being a fully engaged and active Mom to my babies, and fully engaged and (sexually) active Wife to my hubby!...LOL..  Anywho...Just wanted to post to all my April friends and say Congrats and keep up the AWESOME work!!

Nurse Sarah

carolinern
on 11/15/08 10:50 pm - Toledo, OH
Hello all,

I am down about 115# now, and am in a huge stall.  I have dropped from a 34 pant to a 22; have dropped from a 5x shirt to a xl/1x depending.  My skin is saggy at my belly and arms, and boobs.  I am still happy with my RNY.  I have never felt better; my confidence is up, people are really starting to notice my wt loss, which helps me to feel great too.  I am a little worried about the holidays, I have not really cheated yet, but I know the temptations at the holidays are going to be huge!!!  All of my labs just a week ago were great!!!!  Hoping to lose another 60# or so still. I was really hoping to be down to 199 by the end of the year, but I don't think that is going to happen.  I am at about 227 now. 

Hope all my other April buddies are doing great too!!

Caroline
MY JOURNEY BEGINS...

sandeejo
on 11/22/08 5:30 am, edited 11/22/08 5:34 am

OH  YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!! Best decision, I too feel so much better, I am not as small as all of you yet but I feel so much better and can also do things I have not done in years. I can't imagine how good it will be to be down with all of you. I am down 112lbs since surgery and 206lbs from start. I am starting to feel that hungry feeling at times now, but my stomach has not growled yet and that was a miserable thing when that was going on, so hopefully I won't have that problem anymore.. I read somewhere on the blogs that your stomach does not growl anymore.. I hope this is so true.  I also have the problem not knowing how big I really am..  I can't tell really, I still find myself checking chairs out before I sit. Booths well I am totally surprised that  I can fit in them. the last time I sat in a booth I think had to be 25 years ago.. needless to say I sit in a booth every chance I get..I still look around me to see who is staring and you know I don't see that like I did before, but I admit I was pretty large........ I have vomited several times but it was my falt I sometimes don't chew good enough.  A few times I just could not figured out why. nothing that can't be handled or controlled. I have not really had a problem eating different foods, which is a good thing or it is a bad thing, time will tell. I have totally changed the way we eat but there are times I taste or eat a little of something I know I should not eat and feel so good that I can eat it.. I have not purged though and what people say about it I don't want to. On my birthday I did have a whole cupcake with out the icing and no problem,   I have been at this long enough now to know I don't need it.. but it is nice that I can have something like that occasionally and not have a problem. where some people can't have it at all. I do understand though that just because you eat something once does not mean you can eat it again later... I love the smaller clothes I went from a 7x-8x and now I wear a 2x-3x..I can buy clothes in town now.....whoo hooo!!!!! Well enough of this and congratulations to all of us for this life changing decision we made.. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF US...

pilotadelcielo
on 11/26/08 12:28 pm - PA
Hi Everyone,
Gosh, you all are doing great at shedding the pounds.  I'm down to about a pound a week if at all, but I'm thankful for that compared to the alternative.  Also I need to remind myself that no one can compare their journey in this surgery with someone else.  But I'm so happy for your success.  Had a good visit with my surgeon Monday.  This surgery has given me so many gifts from a health perspective I just couldn't imagine when I was close to 300 lbs.  I need to stay focused on these gifts and be thankful especially since tomorrow is Thanksgiving day.  I am also thankful that I have your good company and support.
Blessings,
Ron
Jodi C.
on 12/1/08 1:42 am - Lutz, FL
Thanks for starting this thread :)  I think this is the perfect place for us April babies to update each other!

My highest weight was 280+ in January of this year and my weight the day of surgery was 265.  I have lost over 115 pounds and am down to 164 pounds.  I was a 24/26 and now I am 6/8.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I could possibly hit goal by the end of the year! 

HW: 280, SW: 265, CW: 148 Goal: 140                                my RNY 

Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1006 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 731 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views