2 yrs ago today

Mary C.
on 4/17/10 5:45 am, edited 4/17/10 5:57 am - Glovertown, Canada
Actually - at about this exact moment- I was in the OR waiting area - about to have my RNY. (My case was late.) I'm SO happy to have been able to have my RNY and I can't imagine feeling any better than I do at this moment. I'm healthier, energetic, happier. have a spring in my step, can fly through my 12 hr shifts in ER like I did years ago - and the list of the changes in me goes on and on. I want to say a special THANK YOU to my family and frineds who have been there right from the start. Especially to my Mom who was with me in Moncton two years ago today and last August through my surgery and recovery.To my husband and son who have rooted for me from the start and stuck by me no matter what. To my special friend KC - you know who you are. We met way back before surgery and you have been such a great cheerleader, support and inspiration to me - not to mention ALWAYS having my suite ready in New Brunswick. You rock. To Dr. Beausoleil and Lise and his team at the Georges Dumont - THANKS can't say enough! And -  to my wonderful co - workers who have  rooted for me, cared for me and accomodated my needs - you have made this journey SO much easier. Also - to two other RNY'er who live near me on the rock - one who I first learned about Dr B. from - you changed my life. And the other who is now 3 yrs out - YOU have given me invaluable support and info along the way - you guys ROCK too! To my OH family both on the main RNY board and here on the New Brunswick board - living here in rural Newfoundland - these boards are my main source of peer support, and are invaluable to me. Thanks so much to you all. I just hope I have been able to give a little back to some of you and "pay it forward" so to speak.
I just can't express how thankful I am and how blessed I feel. It's like being reborn. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome - and never in my wildest dreams thought I would EVER fit in a size 12 and sometimes a size 10. Something I have never done in my adult life.
So - it's off to work for my second of 3 twelve hr nights in ER. In my size Med scrubs that are nice and loose and a spring in my step.

Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1007 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 732 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views