Time to check in April 2008 folks.

nascar24n48
on 8/2/10 10:22 am
Would love to hear how everyone is doing. What  "things" do you think about now that we are this far out. For me its not so much of what I am eatting or drinking constantly--its just routine now. But my thoughts now are on calcium and iron.   Switching to Bariatric Advantage chewable so I can chew them at work.  Also switched to Vitalady's Tender Iron. Thought the iron I was getting from my multi's was enough but Ferritin levels are dropping even though Iron labs are ok. Also reducing the amount of sweetener I was using.  Scale is up a tad. Its running about 136 but I admit I was snacking a bit over the summer.  Cutting out a few snacks before a few pounds become 10, 20, or more.  Would love to hear updates.

Preop 242  Height 5'4"  Current: 145 Want to get back to 135. ZERO Complications! ZERO Vomiting  (Chew, chew, chew)! ZERO Regrets!

Mary C.
on 9/7/10 2:32 pm - Glovertown, Canada
Hi there - me too - I'm having a problem with my iron. After I ended up having a Petersens Hernia repair last August - I found myself much more easily constipated. Also during the 3 weeks before surgery that I was really sick - and of course while recovering - my intake of iron - food wise - was lacking - . I cut my iron back to 2x week after surgery last year. Feeling so tired and lack of usual energy - had my Hgb checked about 5 weeks ago. It was 104 - prior to getting sick last year it was 136. Your US values may differ. So - I am gradually increasing my iron to daily - and I was taking it with my AM coffee. BIG MISTAKE. Also would have my whole grain bagel shortly after in the am - none of which helps with iron absorption. I am not back up to the 180lbs which was my goal - I went down as low as 159 after my illness and surgery last summer. I was one unhealthy looking broad I'll tell ya. I'm now 170 - 173 - happy there and feel awesome. If my Hgb was perfect I could jump over the moon I expect. Glad you are well Deb! Now - time for the rest of the April 2008'ers to join in!

Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1006 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 731 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views