Gaining weight back...scared to death!

momoftworedheads
on 1/18/11 6:43 am - OR
I had a mini-switch surgery in April of 2008.  I initially lost 120lbs.  However, now I am starting to gain it back.  I am freaking out for fear of going back to my 320 lbs.  I am at 215 at this point.  Any suggestions or words of encouragement?
tnslpsher
on 1/27/11 5:22 am - WY
I worry about the same thing, but I have decided I am going to FIGHT to keep this off!  I'm not going to let myself go back to what I did before.  I just keep telling myself I'm the only one in control of this!  You can do it, we'll make it, I know we will. 
momoftworedheads
on 1/27/11 5:49 am - OR
Thank you for your encouraging words.  Did you also have a mini-switch?
uvdarr
on 5/16/12 4:11 am - Baytown, TX

I have learned through the last 4 years that you have to hold yourself accountable!!! You know exactally what you are doing to sabatosh yourself, and I know it is a hard pill to swallow, but until you face the facts you will not be able to get the weight back of and keep it off.
Last year, I have put on 15lbs pretty quick and had on blinder. Until I stopped and looked at my food intake and my lack of exercise, I was on a down hill spiral. I realized the Michelob Ultra every night while preparing dinner wasn't helping either lol.
I have since taken the 15 lbs off and have gotten my butt back into the gym.
I recomend putting a photo of the old you before surgery up on your bathroom mirror along with a photo of yourself at your smallest, and take a picture of yourself now!! We often don't see our real image until we see a photo of ourselfs.
I wish you luck and be strong to get back to the basics!!

tnslpsher
on 1/27/11 6:49 am - WY
You're very welcome, I'm trying to keep myself on track too!  I had a RNY in 4/08, coming up on 3 years ago!  Still haven't gotten all the weight off, either but I lost 150#'s and I'm still working on the last 25 or so.  All my best to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1007 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 731 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views