Recent Posts

southbay311
on 1/1/14 7:11 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Topic: RE: 4 Years Post Op

2 years out and feel fantastic, weighed this morning and gained 3 lbs from the holidays.  All is great, did my walk with the dog for my daily exercise and even baked more cookies this morning...distributed them to neighbors and FINISHED the holiday baking finally.  Tomorrow going shopping and out to lunch with a wonderful neighbor lady to celebrate our friendship and the new year!

Hope all have a wonderful 2014

H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
nascar24n48
on 1/1/14 7:00 am

Checking in. How is everyone doing? I will be 5 years out in April. Up 15 pounds from my lowest weight. Goal is to lose 10 lbs by anniversary date. Had some female issues last summer and a surgery that had me on the couch for a bit. I am fighting low iron and ferritin which I believe is a result of the female issues I had. Other than that all is good. Would love to hear updates from others.

Preop 242  Height 5'4"  Current: 145 Want to get back to 135. ZERO Complications! ZERO Vomiting  (Chew, chew, chew)! ZERO Regrets!

BethAnn4
on 2/1/13 1:18 pm
Topic: RE: RNY after Nissen fundoplication??

Hi pinksweatergal....I know you posted this a very long time ago, but wondering if you had the rny procedure done.  i had a nissen fundo done 3 years ago and getting ready to have the gastric bypass.  If you are still on here....please share your story with me.  Thanks

uvdarr
on 5/16/12 4:11 am - Baytown, TX
Topic: RE: Gaining weight back...scared to death!

I have learned through the last 4 years that you have to hold yourself accountable!!! You know exactally what you are doing to sabatosh yourself, and I know it is a hard pill to swallow, but until you face the facts you will not be able to get the weight back of and keep it off.
Last year, I have put on 15lbs pretty quick and had on blinder. Until I stopped and looked at my food intake and my lack of exercise, I was on a down hill spiral. I realized the Michelob Ultra every night while preparing dinner wasn't helping either lol.
I have since taken the 15 lbs off and have gotten my butt back into the gym.
I recomend putting a photo of the old you before surgery up on your bathroom mirror along with a photo of yourself at your smallest, and take a picture of yourself now!! We often don't see our real image until we see a photo of ourselfs.
I wish you luck and be strong to get back to the basics!!

uvdarr
on 5/16/12 4:04 am - Baytown, TX
I was 4 years out April 28th. The best thing I have ever done was have surgery!!! Don't get me wrong I still struggle but have held steady at my current weight for several years now. I am able to run, workout, do things I thought I wouldn't be able to at 268lbs. I now have skin I would like removed, but not sure my insurance will cover beings it's not an abundance of skin and it hasn't cause any problems other than me being self conscious when wearing a bathing suit. But I will take my flabby saggy skin over my fat any day!!! I wish everyone the success I have achieved.

ohjohnnyb
on 4/24/12 3:14 am - Carlsbad, CA
Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work.  My 2 year anniversary is just around the corner.

JB

Kelly W.
on 4/18/12 8:31 pm - WA
 I will celebrate 4 yrs jul 8 and it is the best thing I ever did!  I am trying to get the 5 lbs I have gained to get back down to 135 but know I can do it with portion control.  I am scheduled for lower body lift and breast augmentation and lift on jun 11. Can't wait. This is a great journey. 

Mary C.
on 4/17/12 9:37 pm, edited 4/17/12 9:37 pm - Glovertown, Canada
Well Hello There! I though I was the only one who ever looked on here anymore. Celebrated my 4 yr surgiversary with some pizza and wine yesterday - it's all about the portions of course. With my two fav people, my son and my husband. I am 10lbs over goal - have been very lazy - we are finally starting to get some decent weather - and am back walking. I feel great - wouldn't change a thing - even with the Petersens Hernia at 3 yrs post op - NO REGRETS!Glad to hear you are doing well!

nascar24n48
on 4/16/12 10:47 am, edited 4/16/12 10:48 am
Topic: 4 Years Post Op
Its anniversary day!  Would I do it again? Heck yes!  Would love to hear from others several years out. How are you doing? 

Preop 242  Height 5'4"  Current: 145 Want to get back to 135. ZERO Complications! ZERO Vomiting  (Chew, chew, chew)! ZERO Regrets!

tnslpsher
on 1/27/11 6:49 am - WY
Topic: RE: Gaining weight back...scared to death!
You're very welcome, I'm trying to keep myself on track too!  I had a RNY in 4/08, coming up on 3 years ago!  Still haven't gotten all the weight off, either but I lost 150#'s and I'm still working on the last 25 or so.  All my best to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
4 Years Post Op
nascar24n48 · 6 replies · 1006 views
2 yrs ago today
Mary C. · 0 replies · 731 views
2 yr surgiversary!
Mary C. · 1 replies · 939 views