I am home now!

Sephia
on 4/27/09 7:31 am - Flint, MI

I finally got home today and I have to day that those who've said that this is easier than a c/s ust have had very good surgeons. :-\ And I am jealous of anyone who were in and out within 1-2 days.

I found out I was the second official sleeve surgery that has been done at this hospital. Of my 2 other friends who had the sleeve the same day as me, I probably had it the easiest. The one had some complications to where they thought they might have to open her up again. She was given 2-3 blood transfusions before her hemoglobin stabilized. She'll still be in the hospital until either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Knowing the pain I was in and having seen other people's video's and reading other people's experiences I kind of wish I would have gone to someone with more experience. But oh well, all is done and over with now.

My new tummy (Steve the Sleeve) seems to like warm liquids over cold ones right now.

I have a lot more detail, but I am still in pain and recovering. Wanted to say that I am alive and well.

My highest weight was 326. Day of surgery I was 306 (naked). When I got home and weighed myself fully clothed and bandaged I was already down to 304 so I am sure there is another pound or two I could remove for clothing in there somewhere.

Either way I am finally on the losers bench!

Visit us at Motherhood after WLS !
Mom to 8 ~ Adelyn Grace arrived July 8, 2010!

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 724 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 875 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 761 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1289 views