3rd Week Post Op

1Chica
on 5/7/09 8:05 am

I'm new and just signed in today!
I had my surgery on 4/16/09.
Couldn't eat the first week much and barely sipped my protein and Gatorade 

2ND week I drank my Gatorade and protein drinks, jello and Popsicles and started to get hungry

3rd week I was very hungry and per Dr Jay's assistant she said I could go ahead and begin with the soft foods which I did and skipped most of the pureed foods.  I do eat pudding, applesauce, yogurt, but have also eaten tuna/egg salad which was too heavy so I stuck with soft scrambled egg and/or hard boiled with cottage cheese, re fried low fat beans and sometimes guacamole.

now I'm concerned that I might be gaining weight.  my first fill isn't until 5/26.
i know i need to walk and do for about 5/10 minutes at work but not when i get home.
i will have to make that a priority and try to become more active.  i do however, move around the house more and try to do housework but sometimes that is limited as well since my port still hurts and i still can't bend down properly because of my port side, left. 

i am neutral right now and want to go up to great! which at some point during the day/night i do feel that way.

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 723 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 875 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 761 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1289 views