April 13 Surgery Twins: We're 4 Weeks Out!!!

Irishcoda
on 5/11/09 1:25 pm
Do you all believe how quickly the weeks have gone by?  WOW!

How are you doing?  What are you eating now?

I'm down almost 27 lbs since surgery.  I don't have to take my BP or diabetes meds anymore, woohoo!

I'm able to eat soft stuff now in addition to the mushies.  Yesterday my DH made a grilled salmon and I was able to eat about 2 oz of it, so delicious!  I also ate a little guacamole, yum!

On Friday I ventured outside and went for a walk with my DH and grandson.  It was so good to get out and walk outdoors!  My DH took a picture of us.

I would love to know how my twins are doing!!!

WyoGirl
on 5/12/09 5:18 am - Casper, WY

You are doing a great job, keep up the good work.

I am doing great as well. I am still only able to eat a little bit, but the weight is falling off with out much effort. I have lost 36 lbs. since the day of surgery!  I use to love to eat, I use to enjoy food so much and ate, ate, ate, but now meal times are miserable. I hope that feeling will pass. Other than that I feel like I am on track with my weight loss.

Irishcoda
on 5/12/09 9:06 am
Wooooohoooo, good for you!  36 lbs is awesome!!!    

Some times eating and getting protein in is an ordeal for me too.  I think it's normal.  We're still healing. 

I figure I would post periodically to see how everyone's doing and it will be cool to see what everyone can eat now and how far along in their weight loss they've come.  :)

Keep up your fantastic work!!!!

KissTheSky
on 5/13/09 4:14 pm - Narara, Australia
VSG on 04/15/09 with
I was in on 15th and have not lost nearly as much as you guys.

Down 20 pounds since surgery. Haven't moved for two weeks. Driving me batty. I don't really understand it but I'll keep going anyway. Want to get fit at least. Able to eat soft food and such but barely eating. Think my calories are a bit low. That's all I can figure.
Irishcoda
on 5/13/09 9:24 pm
Maybe you've hit a stall?  That happens to all of us after we're post-op a couple of weeks.  Getting fit again is a wonderful idea!  Don't worry, you'll break the stall soon!  :)

HelloDolly09
on 6/14/09 4:23 am - Pensacola, FL
June 14, 2009
Hi Ya'll,
Glad to meet surgery date twins.. I think I am at a stall with my weight loss also,, I was walking alot more before it got too hot to even walk on morning breaks at work,  I am making the effort to walk late in the afternoon but still humid & hot here in Florida..  I too am scrounging for new food ideas any help is appreciated. Hope to hear from anyone soon.
Have a good week ahead
& Keep on loosing   Yeah!  :)
Irishcoda
on 6/14/09 10:38 am
I'm in a stall now too, Dolly!  I have a pinched nerve in my back and haven't been able to walk.  :P  Have you tried pig candy?  Are you able to eat bacon?  I just had some for the first time on Friday and it was *wonder*ful!!!  You make it with bacon, brown sugar, chili powder or red pepper.  Let me go find the link to it and I'll send it to you! 

MelissaKM
on 8/29/09 11:54 am
I haven't posted on her in awhle. My sureger was April13 and I'm down 60lbs since surgery. I'm feeling amazing!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 723 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 875 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 761 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1289 views