Surgery was 4/24,,,,,don't feel any weight loss......

clacognata
on 5/14/09 11:01 pm - Westmont, IL
I know it's probably normal, and I know what others are going to say, but I just need to get it off my chest.  I feel sad, because my scale doesnt seem to be moving, except a few numbers up, if any.  I am 3 weeks out, and I keep reading that others say they have lost 10, 15, 20 even 30 lbs there first month after surgery, and I think I have actually gained a few.  I am trying to stick to the 4-6 oz, which I most do....i know I am having a problem with protein and water, but I am feeling disappointed already, and I do not want to start getting down already.....I need some words of wisdom please! ! ! ! ! !
christyt3
on 5/19/09 3:54 am - Kirksville, MO

Have you posted at all on the LapBand board?  I check that board more frequently than this one - it is much more active and you may get faster answers to your questions.  You had LapBand over your RNY - is that correct?  I've never heard of anyone else having that and don't know what you can expect for results. 

As far as weight loss at this point, I am 6 weeks out and I have lost 12# since surgery.  I have fought for every one of them and I struggle, too, to get adequate fluids in.  I found that until I got my calorie intake up to 1000-1200 per day I didn't lose at all.  I had my first fill last Thursday, but I seem to still get hungry in between meals.  Here is a typical day for me - it's pretty basic but I do use some good WLS cookbooks to spice things up a bit:  

7am  8 oz Skim Milk, 8 oz Water

8:30am 1 Egg, 1/4 cup light canned fruit

10:00-12:00 16 oz Crystal Light

1:00pm  2 oz  tuna with light mayo, 6 Whole Grain Crackers

2:00-4:00pm  8 oz Skim Milk, 12 oz Crystal Light or Iced Tea with Splenda

5:30pm  2-3 ounces meat (chicken, ground beef, or fish), 1/4 cup vegies

8:00-10:00pm 12 oz Crystal Light or Iced Tea with Splenda, 8 oz Chocolate Skim Milk

Are you exercising at all?  I got the okay to start walking at 1-week post op and everything else at my fill last week.    It really boosts your metabolism and conserves your muscle tissue!

Feel free to message me any time, and check the LapBand board for lots of support!  Remember you don't have restriction yet from your band if you haven't had  fill.  I know we all want the weight to be gone NOW, but the band really makes you work at it! 

Christy

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

1Chica
on 6/4/09 4:03 am

Hi!
I know how you are feeling!
I too feel like "why can't I loose 10, 15, 20 pounds at least?".  I too try to stick with what I should do.  I finally realize that I am falling off the wagon much sooner because I do not feel any restriction.  I don't like the protein shake, Myoplex, anymore or slim fast.  slim fast's cans taste awful. I do however love the protein shake i make myself.  it's vanilla and i use 2% hi protein milk with a banana and it is awesome.  i have stopped drinking protein though. why i don't know.  i need to get my self into gear and stay on track with my food proportioning, water intake (no water for a while too sometimes) and protein.  my main problem is that i do not even walk and i NEED to, at least. 
I am trying to figure out why i have a l l o w e d  myself to cheat myself.  I think i'm feeling depressed in some way and i guess it's because of my bills at this time.  i have to shoo that feeling away and replace it with . . . . . get a hold of that problem (bills) even if i fall short on some-realize it - take the consequences and go on (change the things i can and acknowledge those things i cannot change)
I have to thank you! Your post has allowed me to look deeper into myself while i was responding to you and pull out what ive been keeping in. now i don't feel poisened anymore by me with high expectations of losing weight fast! and sabatoging my NewME.  i have been eating alot and because of no restriction i allowed myself larger portions, no wonder i cant lose weight... but also after several calls to my doctors office they said it wouldbe this way and all of these other  posts i've read so we are not alone. 

lets pull ourselves up and not beatourselves by allowing depressive feelings to overtake us.  we have at least taken that major step of having that band in us to help us out.  as time goes on we will lose that weight and we go in for our fills - right now (infact just today) the medical assistant told me that even though i am not losing weight right now i have to teach myself or learn how to eat small portions, small bites, chew, chew and chew and drink lotsa water and hi protein intake.  so as of today im going to do it.  check my blog tosee my journey.

Lotsa luck to you and me!
Your bandster friend!

Abby-Dallas, TX
Banded 04/16/09
273/240/143 

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 722 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 873 views
April 13, 2009 people...