April Updates! How are you all doing??

I_love_my_soldier
on 5/29/09 12:01 am - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
Goooood Morning Ladies & Gents of April!! 
How are you all doing? We are (or almost) 1 month out! YAY! We made it! 
How did you do? 
What are you eating?
Do you have any tips/tricks you learned to get by? 
Anything you want to share, any wow moments??? 

Me? 
I lost 24lbs in my first month! 
I am eating mushy foods, I nibble on some solids. But stick to mush! LOL 
I really enjoy watermelon and I can handle it well! I love to ea****ermelon w/ my protein shakes for breakfast, lunch is usually a 1/2 cup (or less) of soup, or a sf pudding. Dinner is whatever I make (a meat and veggie or salad) and I make a small plate of it and puree it or ma**** really well. 
Wow moment for me- When I noticed I am starting to have hips again! I am getting curves! Wahoo! 

Mommy to Ethan Lane 12/3/03 weighing 4lbs 11oz 17 3/4"

& Zachary Logan 5/12/07 weighing 3lbs 4oz 16"

& Gavin Liam Due 3/18/11 born 2/3/11 weighing 3lbs 15oz 17" 

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

christyt3
on 5/29/09 2:18 am - Kirksville, MO

Here's my update: 

LapBand on 4/8 - lost 15# on 2- week liquid diet preop
First fill on 5/13 - down 10#
Today:  down another 6# for a grand total of 37# in 3 months

I love my LapBand - it allows me to eat just about anything, but much less of it!  I have people asking me all the time, "What can you eat?"  and they are surprised at my answer.  I avoid liquids unless I am drinking them - so no soup, yogurt, pudding, ice cream, or protein shakes.  They slip right through my band and don't keep me satisfied.

WOW moments:  

- Having to buy new clothes - one size smaller - and enjoying it!
 - Stopping at 1/2 piece of pizza
 - My 9-year old saying, "Mom, your face looks different!"
 - Realizing that this is working - I've lost more weight at one time than ever before!

Can't wait to hear from the rest of you -

Christy

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

I_love_my_soldier
on 5/29/09 4:11 am - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
WOW! Thats great! Way to go! I was going to do lapband, but then I changed to RNY because I was afraid lapband was not enough for me. I wanted something a bit more evasive and strict for me. My pms cravings are what kill me. I have bad pms/pmdd and I get crazy 2 weeks before. SO...I needed something strong to hold me back from caving in during that time. So far it is doing really well. I am frustrated with only losing 24lbs, but then I think about the fact that I never lost that much in a month before- EVER. I can't wait for month 2, if I can drop another 20lbs , lets say, then I can be down another size or two! Yipiee! 

Mommy to Ethan Lane 12/3/03 weighing 4lbs 11oz 17 3/4"

& Zachary Logan 5/12/07 weighing 3lbs 4oz 16"

& Gavin Liam Due 3/18/11 born 2/3/11 weighing 3lbs 15oz 17" 

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

1Chica
on 5/29/09 4:29 am

Hello!
I was banded 4/16/09, that was 6 weeks ago yesterday.
I went in for my first fill and do not feel a difference.  I am to be on a 7 day liquid diet but that has been too challenging for me.  I do and I don't.  I do however do mushies and continue with my protein drink.  It's said it is normal for it to be this way but I was really looking for some restriction that I have not had since the 3rd week post op.  I've lost 10 before and 10 after surgery and 2 by the time I went in for a fill.  I was pretty happy.  Thought I had gained at least 8-10 pounds back.  That is what I am most afraid of now.  I know it's a tool but because I am beginning I need it to work hard for me NOW that way down the line I have fully adapted to a new outlook to food. 
I just might go back in to see my doctor in 2 weeks instead of 4.

Otherwise, I feel very elated because I have not been able to lose 5 pounds before the surgery and I am very happy.  My outlook is pretty positive and leveled and yes, a few persons have noticed a change in my body composition.  Others just can't quite make it out except to make it out to be that I look happy which of course I am. 

Have a great weekend!
Abby
Dr. Jayseelan
04/16/09
273/251/143

05/29/09

Abby-Dallas, TX
Banded 04/16/09
273/240/143 

Sudsie
on 5/31/09 1:31 pm - Miami, OK
Hi everyone.

I had Lap. RNY on April 28th.  So far I have done real well with my new tool. I'm constantly amazed at the small amount of food I can eat and be satisfied.  I am on soft foods, have been able to add fish this past week.  I too have had people ask if I'm hungry, or want something more. 
Ok here is my info with this new tool I have. At my heaviest I weighed in at 506.75, When I went in for my consult I was at 438.5. Day before surgery I was 418.5. Today I weighed 382.5. So that is a loss of 124.25 from my highest and 56 from consult and 36 lbs from surgery.  This is truly an amazing tool.  I'm very happy I chose to have this done. Even though it has been a long journey for me, one that actually started 3 yrs ago at the urging of my Dr. 
As far as WOW moments: 
I have been able ot walk around the block, something I have not been able to do in years.  I have poor leg circulation and so have been in a power wheelchair for the past 4 or 5 yrs now.  I have been doing some walking as I could but would get easily winded and now I am not.  
Last Friday I went out to lunch with friends and then went across the street to W**-***t and then ended up getting up and walking across the parking lot and let my friend use my chair as she was out of breath and I walked most of the way across the parking lot and was not out of breath. 
All my clothes are getting too big for me, today I put on a T-shirt and it was a size 4x instead of the normal 5 or 6x i was wearing.    
christyt3
on 6/1/09 11:57 pm - Kirksville, MO
Sudsie - you are my hero!  You have got to be feeling fantastic about yourself and how far you've come already!  Keep up the good work - especially the walking!

289            268              218          150
               High         Surgery          Current        Goal

Sudsie
on 6/2/09 4:13 am - Miami, OK
thanks Christy.  I am feeling great about the weight loss and the things I am able to do now that I could not do before.
1Chica
on 6/4/09 3:44 am
Sudsy,
That's GREAT!
I am so happy for you!

Keep on keeping on!
Abby-Dallas, TX
Banded 04/16/09
273/240/143 

Sudsie
on 6/4/09 3:54 am - Miami, OK
Thanks 1Chica, I go for my 6 week check up next week with my surgeon. 
Highest Weight: 506.75,   Weight at Consult: 438.50

freedom691974
on 9/3/09 9:40 am
my date was april 1 2009.  has been 5 months and things are getting better.  was very sick for the first 4 months but it looks like things are turning around have lost 130 ibs 380 down to 249.  The doctors say thats good.  It probablly is but it was hell gettin here.    shdadrac
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 724 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 876 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 761 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1290 views