Stopped Losing Weight

free2bethin
on 1/2/10 2:24 am - Edgewater, MD

My surgery was April 28, 2009. I have not lost any weight in the last couple of months. I lost a ton early after my surgery, then get it in spurts...

I think it must be due to my habits... I eat whatever I want in small portions, but it is still the same unhealthy eating habits I used to have. I have no dumping syndrome ever, and I kind of wish I did so that I would be forced to not eat bad stuff. Any advice?

crystaldawn307
on 1/18/10 6:04 pm - WY
Your post is identical to how I'm feeling and experiencing.  My date was April 27th, 2009.  I've only lost 6 pounds since October '09.  I feel like I'm stuck.  I don't get dumping either.  I have been snacking on unhealthy foods also.  I don't eat much at a time, I do still feel restricted and feel full.  I did notice that I'm getting hungry and find myself snacking.    I'm going to try to up my water intake again and start just eating my protein, no more snacking on slider foods and carbs.  I did so well when I didn't snack or eat any carbs at all.  Also I'm trying to step up on my speed on treadmill and excercise longer and more days of the week.  I want to get my last 25 off before summer hits.  Good luck, let me know if u find something to help with our situation.  :) take care. -Crystal
I_love_my_soldier
on 6/15/10 1:50 am - killeen, TX
RNY on 04/30/09 with
I was wondering if you guys started losing again and what it took to start losing? I am the same way. For the last few months I have been up and down in weight with the same 5/6lbs. I have not lost much. I am stuck at 160. I am a size 8 but I really wanted to lose about another 20lbs because I am 5'2, so i am still considered overweight. I snack every now and then, I do get hungry between meals, but I snack on 100 calorie snacks or healthy foods. I still only eat about 800 calories a day and I cannot seem to increase it from there. I get food stuck sometimes, and I do get full easily, but I eat more frequently. I would love to start losing more weight... I don't want to be stuck at 160! 

Mommy to Ethan Lane 12/3/03 weighing 4lbs 11oz 17 3/4"

& Zachary Logan 5/12/07 weighing 3lbs 4oz 16"

& Gavin Liam Due 3/18/11 born 2/3/11 weighing 3lbs 15oz 17" 

I LOVE MY PREEMIES!

Kelly K.
on 1/3/11 4:39 am - Conneaut, OH
I had surgery on 4/20/09 and haven't really lost anything in well over a year. I don't dump and like the original poster, I can eat anything I want in small portions.

RNY 4/20/09

Kidney Cancer Survivor 4/26/12

Partial Thyroidectomy 4/08/13

Melissa P.
on 1/11/11 12:37 am
I can't tell you how happy I am to read this post.  I had my surgery 4/20/09 and I have been hanging around the same weight since February 2010.  My body doesn't seem to want to go under 180 lbs - truth be told though I haven't been pushing the excersice issue much. 

I am trying to regain control ... I feel like I went thru hell and high water after my surgery (I was in the hospital for almost 2 months post-op) and I am not happy stuck at 180.  It is really nice to know that I am not the only one!

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 724 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 875 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 761 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1290 views