What have you taken fore granted lately???

MommyosaRose
on 10/7/10 4:14 am

I am now six months post-op and the events and situations that have taken place in my life within the past six months, including my RNY surgery and an issue with my left knee, have made me realize something very important…how much I have taken fore granted.

It really is amazing how much we (humans in general) take fore granted. We get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of our everyday life that we don’t usually think about the things we are (or should be) grateful for…until something happens, that is.

I have come to realize that I have taken many things fore granted lately; the ability to use my joints without pain, the freedom to drive myself anywhere I have to go – whenever I need to go, sitting long enough to get through Sunday Mass, how blessed I am to have a good relationship with my teenage son, how refreshing it is to have a glass of ice water…and so on, and so on…

Ironically, what I (and perhaps some of you) have taken fore granted for so long, is commonly overlooked though very hard to find.

During my RNY recovery and for the past month I have depended on my husband to help me both in and out of the house and I love him dearly for doing it so selflessly. This man has not only been my personal care giver and chauffeur, but has also done the same for our 3 children; among which are 2 teenagers with many activities both in and out of school. He has done the laundry, cleaned the house as best as he can (sorry honey but it’s never really clean unless we do it! ), he even cooked supper and washed the dishes on the nights when both my knees were shot and it was impossible for me to stand! Only one thing can lead someone to do so much for someone else…LOVE.

I am very thankful for my husband and the many things he did and does for me and our family. His help, support, dedication and LOVE have given me courage and strength and I thank the Good Lord for allowing me to share my life with him. It's a wonderful feeling to realize you have someone you can count on when life throws you a curve ball, someone you can hold hands with and know they are there for you…even when you take them fore granted. 

What about you? What have you taken fore granted, and what are you thankful for?  

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 863 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1195 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 972 views