CARB CRAVINGS...

MommyosaRose
on 10/20/10 2:48 am

On my last appointment with my NUT she told me to incorporate Whole Grain and Wheat carbs into my diet. I can tolerate all foods that I have tried post-op and this scares me a bit because I was hoping that sweets and carbs (my two weaknesses pre-op) would be some of the foods I couldn't eat. 

Anyways, I have incorporated the whole carbs and I noticed that my carb cravings have increased substantially. To make matters worse, I find myself eating once a day-everyday. Sure I load the whole wheat crackers and Arnold's Thins with protein, but they are still carbs and I can't help feeling like my mind is playing tricks on me. It's almost like I'm feeling guilty for eating them and I don't like it! 

So I ask myself: "Self, have you developed Carbophobia or do you have a legit reason to worry here?". 

I don't know that answer and so I turn to you my fellow seasoned RNYers...Has anyone gone through this and turned out OK at the end of their "honeymoon" stage? Am I just being paranoid about this? Give me your advice.

Thanks,
Rose

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Emily F.
on 10/22/10 10:18 am
This is probably a question better suited for the rny board or main board. sorry!
Razzmuffin
on 10/26/10 12:47 am - Collinsville, IL
Okay so better late than never right?   Are you only eating once a day?  Because though you may not feel hungry, you still are not giving your body what it needs when it needs it.  Also being an RNY patient you are at risk of low blood sugar after eating carbs. 
I also fear the carb lol, however, eaten in small doses at different intervals during the day they are okay and I don't crave them that way.  I always try to choose the "better" carbs and not give myself a guilt trip for it because your body needs some carbohydrate.  As long as you don't eat excessively and still get your protein in that your doctor recommended you should be fine.  As far as cravings go....I would somehow try to get in more than 1 meal a day, eating 2-3 times daily will help with the cravings simply because your body will feel more satisfied if you are giving it the good stuff it needs to get through the day.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 866 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1197 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 975 views