Derailment by Stress...What a disaster!

MommyosaRose
on 2/16/11 3:09 am
I am no stranger to stress and anxiety and have experienced it many times since having my RNY, but this past month I have been overwhelmed with both and it has taken a toll on my state of mind. I am trying very hard not to slip into old habits but I fear that I am loosing ground in this battle. 

This past week I got caught under pressure and made some very bad food choices and those choices only made me want to make MORE bad choices, which I did. Now the more I think about it, the more I realize that indulging in something not so WLS friendly is okay occasionally; however, giving in to that urge on a daily basis can really turn into a runaway train heading for derailment. I don't ever want to crash and burn, much less so prematurely!

This has been a very empty week for my diet; needless to say that I have to put on the brakes and get this train back on track, otherwise this could lead to major disaster!

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

twcayce
on 2/18/11 3:59 am - cayce, SC
I am so right there with you.  The past month has had a lot of things going on for me, but the last 10 days have been overwhelming.  And I have a sinus infection, so food doesn't taste right and I have found myself twice in the past week standing in front of the fridge looking for something but not knowing what!  This is what I used to do under stress.  I ended up choosing an orange or a sugar free pudding...but other times I have not made such great choices. And the stress had made me not want to work out...just too much going on, so I have let myself fall into that rut.  And the scales are showing it.  They haven't gone up, but I have been in the 230's since Jan. 5th. 
I have got to get back on track!
  T

scrappingtwinmom
on 3/15/11 3:32 am
I know you posted this last month but I am feeling it here and now.  I've gained about 8 lbs and know why and need to get control again.  It's hard not going back to your old ways :-(

MommyosaRose
on 3/15/11 4:06 am
It is hard! Most of the time I catch myself just before I fall for the old mind tricks, but sometimes.....  Over all it's getting better! Thank goodness! 

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

clareireland
on 3/22/11 6:18 am - FL
Hi there-
You will make it through these tough times.  I wish I had an urge to actually eat.  I am never hungry and forget to eat sometimes.  Which is not good - I know this, yet I have to make myself put nourishment in my body.   A balanced approach is what got us to this point, so keep that in mind when choices are tough.

Good luck! 

Emily F.
on 2/25/11 8:57 am
We are guilty of it too!! Just plan better and do the best you can. When you start feeling guilty is when you really will start emotional eating!! If I take the emotion out of it, I don't overeat as much.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 866 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1197 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 974 views