Heyas =)

Blue_Rattie
on 3/23/11 2:32 pm
How are my fellow surgery month buddies??? =)

I'm sure I could have done better than what I have (certain days are better than others, hehehhe) BUT I've been happy =)

I'm currently in a size 16 jean, down from highest of 22's. BUT - they are kinda stretchy and I can pull them down over my hips without unzipping/unbuttoning so maybe in a month or so I'll have to buy a new pair =)

My shirts are Large or XL depending on style...down from like a 3x.

I can see and feel my collarbone...something I haven't been able to do in, uhm, quite some time :)

I have more energy....tons more!

I even remember to take my medicine and supplements 5x a day!! LOL With some help from a website that sends text msgs to my cell =)

My one problem is that I still crave carbs =( And I don't exercise like I should.

That's my checkin! Let's hear from others at almost our 1 year Surgiversary!!
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Pink_Sparkles
on 3/25/11 1:18 am - Durham, NC
Hi-

I will be one year post-op on 4/28 and here are my stats to date:

Starting Weight 416
Current Weight 247
169 lost to date!

Starting Size: 30/32 and 34/36
Current Size:  14/16 and 18/20

Starting Shoe Size 12ww
Current: 11W or 12 medium

I still drink one to two protein shakes per day and try to remember to take all of my vitamins, although they still make me sick on occasion!

I can't drink plain water it upsets my tummy but crystal light or the like is just fine.  Sometimes I take a wee bit of 100% cranberry and mix it with a lot of water and add Stevia.

Still eat protein first and NEVER  drink with my meals.

I am a dumper and sometimes dump for no apparent reason.  While I don't like dumping, I am glad I do.  It helps keep me SUPER honest.

I eat small amounts and eat the right foods.  I need to exercises more. My energy is through the roof and  I love it.

That's my news.  I agree and would love to hear from others as we approach our first Surgiversary.  

twcayce
on 3/25/11 4:35 am - cayce, SC

Hi Everyone,
  I will be a year post op on April 26.

My starting weight- 341
My current weight- 224
117 pounds lost.

My starting pants size- 26
My current pants size- 18

My starting shirt size- 3X (24/26)
My current shirt size- XL (18/20 some 14/16's)

Starting shoe size- 10
Current shoe size- 9
amazing, I never thought about losing shoe sizes with our weight.  I have a friend who had Gastric Bypass 5 years ago, her shoe size went from a 9 to a 7 1/2.

I still try to get my protein in with food or protein shakes.  I have been pretty good about my exercise, except for the past 3 weeks, I have not been to the gym at all.  I've been bad.  But I do have so much more energy than I did before. 
I also am a dumper, and agree, it does help keep you honest and alert.
I sometimes eat more carbs than I should, especially if I'm having a day where my belly doesn't agree with anything, and some carbs sit well, so I will fall back on them...but that usually doesn't last more than a day.  I don't know why this happens and haven't figured out a pattern, yet.  Just some days my normal foods like nuts and other protein just doesn't want to sit as well.  My belly is just moody sometimes.
I have not had any major issues or problems. 
After Christmas I got on a stall where I was only losing about 5 pounds a month...it slowed way down, now its picked back up a little and I'm losing about 7-8 pounds a month...I know its because I got off my routine of the gym. 

Alright, there you have it, another April baby.

SO COME ON ALL YOU APRIL BABIES!  LETS HEAR FROM YA'LL!!!  WE NEED A LITTLE RECHARGE ABOUT NOW!  THIS HELPS US STAY MOTIVATED!!!!!!!

T

mandeepandy2001
on 3/30/11 5:01 am
Hi Everyone,
  I will be a year post op on April 30.

My surgey weight- 379
My current weight- 178
201 pounds lost.

My starting pants size- 28
My current pants size- ? i can wear a size large scrub pants and have a pair of lane brynt size 14 jeans that are to big

My starting shirt size- 3X (24/26)
My current shirt size- med-large depanding on the store

Starting shoe size- 11w
Current shoe size- 10 1/2 w

i feel pretty great!!!!!!
Blue_Rattie
on 3/25/11 2:59 pm
You two are doing WONDERFUL!!!

I can't do protein shakes anymore =( I try and try and try....even with shakes I loved BEFORE surgery!! They leave that icky protein coat on my tongue that makes it feel all fuzzy. I have yet to find one I can tolerate! I get between 60-80grams of protein in a day. Much Fage greek yogurt!! I eat healthy, small amounts...I know if I've eaten too much because I start to feel it backing up my throat.

I don't drink with meals unless it's to swish tastes out or if whatever I ate was too dry.

I don't drink enough water =( I know this. I'm working on it, I swear!!!

But I do feel much better. Since the weather is picking back up again (I live in Oregon, it's rainy!!) I'll start going walking again. Wii Fit, more too! I still feel very self consicous and would prefer to not excercise in front of my hubby. It's so weird, I know. We've been together for 16 years (married for 9½) but excercising with him watching....ugh =P He does the Leslie Sansone 5mile walk DVD with me and keeps talking and encouraging me. I just want him to STFU and be quiet so I can get into my groove, lol. My kids will walk, too (ages 3 and 4) and they are fine...but hubby? NO please!! ROFL.

clareireland
on 3/30/11 1:26 am - FL
Hi there!

Question for you - What supplements are you taking?  What is it you take 5 x per day?  Just checking.   Also, I too, am seeing positive changes in my body (and a bit of saggy skin too!) but I am very happy with the results so far! 

I don't crave ANYTHING. nothing.  I have to remind myself to eat actually.  Which is weird for me because I used to think about when my next meal would be and I recall how much I enjoyed eating food.  I eat because I HAVE TO now.  Weird that's all.

But Happy!

Blue_Rattie
on 4/3/11 12:05 pm
well - I take meds/supps 5x a day - not all the same stuff =) But here is my schedule of everything.

I get 1800mg calcium citrate a day, plus whatever gets absorbed from whatever foods I eat (if any), 2 multivitamins a day.
I have also been taking Relora 2x a day but ran out and I'm waiting for shipment to come! It helps curb CARBS!! I was hesitant at first, but after a few weeks of taking it, I HAVE noticed a difference!! I found out about it on Michelle's site - Vitalady. It says 3x a day, but I only did that the last week. 90 pills for like $13.50 I think it is.

10AM
600mg (2x300) Calcium Citrate Only (from Vitalady)
1x Kirkland Signature Multiviatmin
1x probiotics (Friendly Fighters from goutcure.com)

1PM
1000 IU (2x5000IU) Vit D (from Bariatric Advantage)
1x3000mcg B12 (uhhh - Superior something or other from Vitalady) - this is every other day

4PM
1x Kirkland Signature Multiviatmin
1x Super B Complex
1x iron - currently 65mg Ferrous Sulfate but next week I'm switching to my Tender Iron from Vitalady which is 25mg carbonyl iron/59mg di-calcium phosphate)

7PM

10PM
1x50mcg levothyroxine pill for hypothyroid =)

Emily F.
on 4/1/11 10:55 am
Hey guys!!!

Next week is my anniversary.

I'm down 122 lb to my goal weight.
starting weight 286
current 164 normal bmi woohoo

from size 24 to 10.

I adore my protein coffee shakes, two double scoops a day. I love them so much, make with half and half, caramel syrup, coffee and redi whip! Yum.

Switching into maintance mode is definitely different. Skin is bad but I honestly don't mind it that bad. I do try to wear 1/2 sleeves and longer shorts/pants to work but I doubt I can do it all summer in steamy Florida. The tank tops will come out and let the batwings fly. Oh well.

My labs are okay, I was low in potassium but it came up, I was low in protein but I doubled the shakes and it came up, now just working on my A and D.

Hope everyone is well!!!
Blue_Rattie
on 4/3/11 12:08 pm
After my husband was laid off and we stopped Cobra (since we didn't have the money) I have not gotten my labs done recently =( But I'm VERY aware of taking my meds! I HOPE to get a job soon to get benefits again and will get my blood tested as soon as I can!

twcayce
on 4/6/11 1:06 am - cayce, SC
Hi Emily F.
Can you tell exactly how you make your coffee protein shake, again?  How many scoops of protein and syrup and half and half, etc.?
Do you know how many calories it has in it?  That sounds really yummy and I want to try it.

And Mandee...WOW!!! You've lost over 200 pounds and haven't even reached your  1 year, yet! That is awesome and it inspires me to get back in the gym. 
I haven't been in about 3 weeks, and with the weather getting warmer here (I'm in SC) I've been getting restless...time to get back in there!
Congratulations!
  T

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 866 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1198 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 976 views