My First RNY Anniversary.......

MommyosaRose
on 4/7/11 10:49 am
Today is my 1st RNY anniversary and to celebrate this milestone I rewarded myself with something that made me feel absolutely awesome. This wasn’t the type of reward I would have given myself one year ago; it wasn’t a food reward nor was it a shopping spree at my favorite store…I donated blood to the Red Cross for the first time ever! I am very squeamish about needles but I decided this was an excellent way to celebrate my new life…by possibly helping to save someone else’s life. Also in celebration of my One Year Post-Op, I am posting, for the first time, my dreaded “BEFORE AND AFTER" pictures. I think it is a fitting time to share with my OH friends the amazing transformation I went through in the past year.

My journey has been smooth thus far and I feel very blessed to have had no complications whatsoever in the past year. Today I am more active, more energetic, healthier and happier than I have ever been and my post-op life has taught me a lot, not only about myself but about life itself.

I am conscious that the road ahead will not always be as easy as this past year has been and that frustration and anxiety are sure to rear their ugly heads, but I feel that I will be able to handle it with the great support from my Bariatric team and the wonderful people here on this site.

Thank you all so much for your advice, knowledge, ongoing support and (most importantly) reality check; it’s what keeps me grounded. 

February 2010                    August 2010                      April 2011             

February 2010               June 2010                            January 2011

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

spragan
on 4/12/11 9:48 pm
You look fantastic! Congratulations! My anniversary was last Monday, the 4th and I totally forgot! I guess that's what happens when you get busy living! Here's to another successful year!

MommyosaRose
on 4/13/11 12:06 am
Life does go on and many times it's easy to forget I had surgery. Congratulations on your anniversary too! Cheers!

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 866 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1197 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 975 views