Hi all! 1½ yr update =)

Blue_Rattie
on 10/9/11 4:33 am
So it seems I only come on here once or twice every few months, read up on posts, don't usually post myself =P

I'm doing well. Lost a bunch, slowed down, problems at home.....normal stuff, right? =)

My hubby, two kids, three cats and I moved from Oregon back to my home of Virginia in June. We've been living with my sister and brother-in-law. Lost one of our cats to a severe infection (started as viral, added bacterial and his age and it was NOT a good combination) The last week of May I had my one year post-op appt with my doctor. I weighed 237lbs, down from 297 the day of surgery and 327 from January 2010. The Dr. I saw was very happy with my loss.

I also had like 8 vials of blood drawn to test everything! All was good except for high D. I had been taking 10,000iu D daily. She told me to stop for two weeks, then only take 5000 a day. Everything else was normal (and not low normal....normal normal or high normal).

Since moving here to VA, I have lost more. Just weighed in at 213 last week at a dr appt for my thyroid. So 20lbs since moving. (237lbs 3 days before moving)

I've also tried helping my obese sis and BIL =) I got my sister to switch to DIET Mtn Dew...hard to do!!! BIL has IBS and frequent heartburn and diet and stuff like coke zero give him BAD heartburn, but he tried switching. They also use nosalt to cut sodium, light ranch, and anything lower fat/lower salt that we use ourselves! She's lost about 15lbs or so since I've been here =)

Yesterday I went to my home town to visit a friend. Took a pic....hopefully it will show up in this post, hehe. If not, I just uploaded it into my profile =) I'm the one on the right. My wedding rings fall off of my ring finger, so they are on my middle finger instead. I cried the first time they fell off =( Such a weird thing to cry about, but I'm a sap ;)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
Karen ~ Had surgery 4-13-10!! Lost 30lbs in 3months pre-op
Highest 350 ~ surgery weight 297.5 ~ current 195 ~ goal 175 (August 2012)

Emily F.
on 11/26/11 8:01 am
You look great!!! I come to OH every couple of days but don't post a lot. Hopefully I'll see you over on fb.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 866 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1197 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 975 views