Hello all... newbie here!

nyjenson
on 4/17/11 5:33 pm - Stockton, CA
 I have been a member for a little while and have not really said much if anything on the forums because I am incredibly shy and usually have nothing good to add or say lol... um so my surgery is schedualed for the 29th and I am kinda freaking out... I had a bear of a time getting approved because everyone kept losing my paperwork and/or not recieving it so all of a sudden everything got submitted and the next day BAM... approved, jeeze it was like getting hit in the head with a soggy pillow. I mean I am happy but at the same time I am kinda shell shocked and the old nurvousness I had in the beggining is creeping back in, I thought I had mastered my fear and hessitation but its baaaaack. anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and maybe find people to talk to since I am lacking in the social department. My name is nicole, im 30 and I am not only a stay at home mom I am also a notoriously bad speller. Anywho, just wanted to say hi and maybe make a few friends and swap support.

-Nicole
jbrumfi
on 4/20/11 2:39 am - TX
I just had my surgery on the 11th.  I am excited, happy, and scared all at the same time.  SO I get it.  and don't worry I cant spell either.  I am trying to take this one step at a time.  The head part of the eating is hard for me.
nyjenson
on 4/20/11 6:06 am - Stockton, CA
 Ya the head part seems really daunting, what i think im going to try with that is whenever my head says im hungry but my stomach doesnt I will try to distract it... lol.
MisJasso
on 4/25/11 12:30 am - Linden, MI
Nicole,
My paperwork went through much faster than I had anticipated, so I really didn't seem to have time to adjust my mind and get ready for this journey.  My surgery was originally scheduled for the 28th and as of Friday, they have bumped me to the 27th.

I am nervous.  I am anxious.  I am an emotional wreck.  But I'm also excited.  How does that even make sense?

I am a 48 year old marketing professional that has been overweight as long as I can remember.  I'm not even sure if I will look like me when I lose this weight.  Will my spouse still think I'm beautiful?  I could go on and on.

I will happily become your pal here.  I don't spell well....mostly typos as my mind races faster than my fingers. 

I sincerely wish this would have been available when I was 30.  I've missed out in so many activiites with my kids.  I've been a spectator in my own life for many years now.

I look forward in getting to know you.

~Laura
Mis Jasso
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

nyjenson
on 4/25/11 3:22 am - Stockton, CA
 Hi laura... I feel the same way emotionally, my brain feels like its playing tether ball lol. I think you will do great and I am so happy to be able to join you on this journey, I feel as if life is about to start again... like maybe I can recapture that feeling I had as a child when I could run untill my lungs burned and my body felt light... its hard being inside myself and im ready to change.

-Nicole
vabtrfly
on 4/27/11 4:41 pm - Durham, NC
Hey there.  Good luck on your upcoming surgery.  I know you're probably freaking out, but it will all be worth it after your surgery.  I just had RNY surgery on the 19th and I went home the next day.  I'm doing well.  I'm not really hungry, but I have a lot of head hunger stuff going on.  I've been having a taste for some things that I would never eat; like chicken wings.  WHAT? I wouldn't eat that on a good day, so why is it in my head now?  I guess I'm desperate, but oh well.  I know it's all in my head, so I just gotta work through it.  This is a great website; we will help each other work through things. 
nyjenson
on 4/28/11 3:45 am - Stockton, CA
 Thank you I will need the luck... I am freaking out but not to bad right now, im just really determined to get through this and be on my way to a healthier me.
Most Active
Recent Topics