Recent Posts

FavisRNY
on 5/23/11 1:43 am - TX
Topic: RE: VSG 4/28 @ 10am!!
I had RNY on the 28th also. Almost 4 weeks! Yay us!

MisJasso
on 5/15/11 11:59 pm - Linden, MI
Topic: Surgery Update and Questions
Dear All -

My surgery was April 27th.  I can't believe how smooth it was...I'm so thankful for the caring people who surrounded me at Hurley Medical Center.  Their Bariatric Team is top notch.

Since the surgery I have been able to consume very little.  According to my nutritionist, I should be able to eat about 2oz protein.  That is not happening.  After about three bites (well chewed) semi-soft diet, I am feeling quite full.  Is this normal?  I certainly don't want to stretch my sleeve.  I am supposed to consume 60-80 grams of protein daily.  It takes me 1.5 to 2 hours to get down a protein shake.

Also, I've been without carbonated beverages (Pepsi Max) for over  a month now...but the craving for carbonation is still there.  I think about it all the time.  Any suggestions?

Thank you all for your support.  I can't tell you how much comfort I get from these pages.

~Laura
Mis Jasso
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

Stephanie K.
on 5/10/11 5:24 am - IN
Topic: RE: APRIL LOSERS CLUB
You're doing wonderful! Don't think negative about the weight loss. Think positive about your health benefits! I struggled to begin with too. I had to retrain my mind to think positivly and to remember that this is a long term committment. It (unfortuantely) won't all fall off in the first three weeks! But it will come off! Hang in there! 

nyjenson
on 5/9/11 7:40 am - Stockton, CA
Topic: RE: So, How Did It Go?!
 I am 10 days post op and having a few issues... I have not been getting my 8 glasses of water a day, yesterday I barely got 2 glasses, im trying harder today. I hate my centrum chewables... I did not ask this but why cant I just take regular centrum? will it not obsorbe? oh and the iron im taking is not a chewable is that ok? im so confused. as for what I am eating since im now on puree, im still barely eating anything, yesterday I had probably an ounce of puree tuna and got in 1 protine shake but could not get a second in. 
I am still in a little pain, mostly in my new stomach, its more like discomfort. I just hope I will feel normal again soon, I miss life.

-N
evilelf
on 5/8/11 2:03 am
Hey everyone I had vsg on the 15th, been kinda slow on the lossing.

H.W 270 S.W 252 C.W 195 G.W 170

remembrtherain
on 5/4/11 1:54 pm - San Francisco, CA
 Welcome one and all! I hope everyone is doing well with their new choices and new lives. Keep us posted and keep up the SUPER work.

Everyone has been added, so, if you're looking for friends, try to find names or usernames on this thread of conversation! :) and expand your horizons to the other boards....your surgery board, you age group, your location....everyone is friendly, I promise!! :)

Have a great week!
Lananala
on 5/4/11 1:37 pm - CA
Topic: RE: So, How Did It Go?!
Hello!

I am 3 weeks out today. Feeling pretty good. I have been struggling with feeling really cold (it has been in the 80's here) and feelingretty tired. I realized that my vitamin did not have iron in it so I found one that did and it really has helped.

Doing okay with weight loss. 14lbs since surgery. I would like to have more.. But who wouldn't.

No real pain anymore. Sometimes am little incision discomfort but other than that, not much.

So happy I have the sleeve!

Go team April
Lisa
                          HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

Lananala
on 5/4/11 1:30 pm - CA
Hi! Lisa from socal.. I had my vsg on 4/13.

First time on this forum

HW 233 SW 220.2 CW 157.6 GW 150

Dee2011
on 5/4/11 9:40 am - PA
I had RNY on the 8th of April.
Ran Ran
on 5/3/11 9:25 pm
Please add me to the list. 
I had my surgery on April 19th. 

Yay us.