Recent Posts

vabtrfly
on 4/27/11 4:36 pm - Durham, NC
Topic: RE: Surgery this Wednesday the 27th!
Congratulations on your surgery.  I hope all went well, which I'm sure it did.  I just had my RNY surgery on the 19th; it was also my first surgery.  Everything's going well for the most part, my incisions are sensitive, which is probably normal.  I'm not really hungry, I just have a lot of head hunger.  For the past two days I've been wanting to lick a BBQ potato chip so bad, but good thing it's not in my home.  :-)  Sad, I know.  We will all have some sort of stuggles I'm sure, but this is a great website that will help us to help one another.  Good luck on your new journey.

Kiesha
vabtrfly
on 4/27/11 4:31 pm - Durham, NC
Topic: RE: VSG 4/28 @ 10am!!
Congrats on your surgery today.  I wish you the best and a quick recovery. 
Mandi E.
on 4/25/11 12:05 pm - Kissimmee, FL
Topic: VSG 4/28 @ 10am!!
I'm getting my sleeve this Thursday at 10am! Who's getting a life changer the same day??? 
xoxo~Mandi
"I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it!" ~Marilyn Monroe
 HW:422LBs Pre-op:394LBs SW:391.6LBs CW:303LBs GW:190LBs (5'10")
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September903
on 4/25/11 10:46 am
Topic: RE: Surgery this Wednesday the 27th!
Good luck to you! I am scheduled for Friday. At first I was going to be the second case of the day and it was changed to first. This is a revision for me, but I am still nervous and anxious. The idea of surgery is very unsettling for me, and yes that only perpetuates my cravings. How are you doing on the 7day diet? I am struggling especially with Easter being yesterday. Well reply if you can, and again, good luck! Jilly.
nyjenson
on 4/25/11 3:22 am - Stockton, CA
Topic: RE: Hello all... newbie here!
 Hi laura... I feel the same way emotionally, my brain feels like its playing tether ball lol. I think you will do great and I am so happy to be able to join you on this journey, I feel as if life is about to start again... like maybe I can recapture that feeling I had as a child when I could run untill my lungs burned and my body felt light... its hard being inside myself and im ready to change.

-Nicole
MisJasso
on 4/25/11 12:30 am - Linden, MI
Topic: RE: Hello all... newbie here!
Nicole,
My paperwork went through much faster than I had anticipated, so I really didn't seem to have time to adjust my mind and get ready for this journey.  My surgery was originally scheduled for the 28th and as of Friday, they have bumped me to the 27th.

I am nervous.  I am anxious.  I am an emotional wreck.  But I'm also excited.  How does that even make sense?

I am a 48 year old marketing professional that has been overweight as long as I can remember.  I'm not even sure if I will look like me when I lose this weight.  Will my spouse still think I'm beautiful?  I could go on and on.

I will happily become your pal here.  I don't spell well....mostly typos as my mind races faster than my fingers. 

I sincerely wish this would have been available when I was 30.  I've missed out in so many activiites with my kids.  I've been a spectator in my own life for many years now.

I look forward in getting to know you.

~Laura
Mis Jasso
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

MisJasso
on 4/25/11 12:25 am - Linden, MI
Topic: Surgery this Wednesday the 27th!
I was originally set for the 28th.  Got a call from my surgeons office on Friday, asking if they could bump me up to the 27th.  I have a feeling that today and tomorrow are going to drag by.  I'm so nervous....therefore I am starving!  YES, I am a stress-eater.  Don't worry....I'm already in therapy for this.  Just doesn't stop the cravings right now.

I'm also quite emotional.  I'm sure this is normal....but this will be my first major surgery.

I will gladly accept any words of wisdom and comfort at this time.

Kindly,
Laura
Mis Jasso
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

remembrtherain
on 4/24/11 5:49 am - San Francisco, CA
Topic: RE: APRIL LOSERS CLUB
 Hey Friends! I added you to our lists! I wish you all the best! Keep us posted on your weight loss and we can all be losers together! Your surgery was a week ago (tomorrow!) How are you feeling? I'm giving myself a week off from school, so, I'm trying to get a feel for how others have been fairing in that length of time.

My surgery is in 2 days. I'm really freaking out. I feel like my life isn't prepared for it yet...everything else is, but, I just feel like I have so much to do in such a short amount of time..I really don't though...weird.

Anyhoo, good luck!

remembrtherain
on 4/24/11 5:32 am - San Francisco, CA
Topic: RE: April 26
 I'm starting to get more nervous. It's driving me crazy...I feel like the last few days are going by really slow. I'm just praying constantly for everything to go okay and to hopefully feel better as soon as possible. 

I feel like I have a million things to do and 5 minutes to do them, but also, I feel like I am standing still. I can't figure out this feeling. Weird.

Anyhoo, Good Luck to All the April Losers, especially the 26th (and 27th) buddies :)
dagodoe
on 4/23/11 1:18 pm - LA
Topic: RE: APRIL LOSERS CLUB
Hi I'm Billie Jo from Louisiana  And I have the sleeve on Monday April 18th!  I did not have any pre-op liquid diet, but I can tell you that I am tired of sugar free popsicles, jello and pudding.  Post Op check up and weigh in this week coming, so maybe I will be moving up to a scrambled egg and cottage cheese at least-lol! 

Best Wishes to everyone and I really would like to stay in touch with all the 'April Losers'

Most Active
Recent Topics