lap band after bypass

sheilabryant
on 4/28/07 6:20 pm - chestertown, MD
hi just wondering it anyone has had lap band ater open RNY im 3 years out still have 100 lbs to lose and having hard time... my fault i know was just thinking lap band could help me lose the 100 lbs please email me at [email protected]
prettygreen13
on 7/29/07 10:31 am - Houston, TX
just sent you an email...
sistergal2
on 5/6/08 3:02 am - Dickinson, TX
Hi Sheila, I am sure our small RNY stomachs grow somewhat but I don't think they will ever get to even half the size that our normal stomach was. Have you called a doctor to ask if this could be done safely on you? It may be that you can do it but it may not be a safe consideration either -- depends on what your doctor or surgeon says. There is no magic bullet for any of us unfortunately. My surgeon urged that I exercise and I do somewhat but I am on disability with a variety of health issues. I weigh an okay weight for me (155 lbs.) but I am not skinny. In fact, I've shrunk two and a half inches due to osteoporosis (I am 58), so I am even shorter than originally. My surgeon told me I would land at this amount of weight (155 lbs.) due to body structure, weight, etc. etc. and he was right on target. I did lose more than 100 lbs. originally but I looked awful and felt awful so I did all I could to gain UP if you can believe it. I hope this finds you doing well.
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/13 8:12 am - riverside, CA

I had my surgery in 2005 (GB) and lost 140 pounds and stayed the same wt for 5 years then started gaining and have struggled every since I have 100 to lose and I feel like such a failure and I am not sure if lap band is the best option it sounds like the safest.  I cannot seem to stay full for more than 20 minutes irregardless of what I eat.  I do better fasting than I do when I eat.  So I too would like to hear from anyone who has has a BOB (band over bypass).  Thanks, JP [email protected]

Most Active