Roll Call 7 1/2 years Post Op...

alsobig
on 10/22/10 4:55 am, edited 10/27/10 2:10 am - Merrimack, NH
Just curious how everyone is doing? Had my surgery 05/15/03 day of surgery I was 417lbs my lowest weight was 10/08/04  I lost 183 lbs  down to 234 I have re-gained about 50lbs now at 285... sucks but it is my own fault... I love to snack...NOT GOOD... anybody else want to chime in...?
Mrs. C.
on 11/15/10 4:54 am - Salinas, Ca
Hi. I haven't signed into this website in almost 7 years. My Gastric Bypass was May 9, 2003. I've lost all my weight, and have managed to keep it off all these years. I have had numerous complications including ,malnutrition, malabsorption syndrome, and recently (last year) I had to have my gallbladder removed for gallstones.  I'm here looking for my angel Angee, who supported me during me pre-op and post-op via phone and internet. I went to my old page, I see her messages but theres no name attached to them, I guess she's not a member here anymore.Bummer!  I can't believe I remembered my old user name and password to be honest...  it is strange for me to go back and read my own story and look at old pics 7 1/2 years later....  wow.   I have come a long way since my surgery, I went back to school, had a career, had to medically retire, I beat a 4 year battle with cancer, and now am taking care of my parents who are both terminal... I have a non-profit org, I have been a part of many fundraising events, even been on TV a few times.  I don't forget the times when I was so ill, and can't believe I have come so far, and changed my life for the better... maybe it's time to update my photo  :)
Ericka S.
on 1/11/11 8:08 am - Flint, Mi
Hi My name is Ericka I had mine on 5/21/03 I havent done well evere since the surgery it was very hard on me. I lost alot of weight I vomited so much my teeth are almost no good now. I was 271lbs to start and was 125lbs for 5yrs I am gaining and dont know why I hardly eat at all. Snacking for me at 125lbs was normal I could eat sweets easier than real food. I am seeing so many Drs right now it is crazy. I am going back to the basics protein drinks that I hate LOL if you have any suggestions for a good one let me know. I also have found out I am severly anemic so I am tired all the time so I dont move to much. So again back to basice protein and movement I didnt go thru this to regain it!!!!!
Linda21249
on 6/15/12 1:07 am - fairfield, oh
 Hello. My name is Linda. I  had Gastric by pass RNY May 2003. At the time i was 330 and the lowest i lost was down to 170 in a year and got  in to size 14 .. After being in a 3x that was good.
       I had some complications i was told.. Due to gastric by pass and had surgery Dec 2010,
    I had intestines trapped in a hernia  etc. Due to low activity.. i went from 201 to 240,  Ouch!!!
                 I recently lost to 225 only being sick and not able to eat do to a HIatial hernia flareI up. and low pottasium and alot times anemic.
               I am wondering what does one due to restart the loosing process? I have not kept in
touch with a support group or a dietician, Due to no medical insurance.
             At this far post op.. Do you know the dietary guidelines? IT says between 800 to 1200. calories day ,and i read somewhere that we are to have at least 60 grams protein day>?
        I cant exercise as much as i would like. After 10 min walk knee goes out.. So i guess
it may be back to pool exercises for me... I hope walking in pool counts until i can do more.
                  I would love to hear from you. Maybe we can be buddies on here and be of some
support... Linda in Ohio
DailyMae123
on 1/20/11 1:01 pm
Most Active