anybody have VBG????

Amanda H.
on 10/11/04 9:58 am - Dennis, MS
Hi everybody, I had my surgery (VBG-vertical banded gastroplasty) on May 19, 2003. I started at 398 pounds and I am now at 303 pounds. That is a total of 95 pounds lost in 1 year 5 months and 11 days. To me that is not good enough! I was in a size 32-34 (5x-6x)clothing and I am now in a 26-28-30 (3x-4x). I know that I have lost 95 pounds-the scale tells me so, but when I look at myself I don't feel like I have lost that much weight. And the fact that I have only went down 2-3 sizes in clothes helps support the idea that I haven't lost that much weight either! Does anybody else feel this way? Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Is anybody else in the same boat as I am in? Please respond because I need some encouragement desperately!!!!!! Thanks-Amanda
Kay B.
on 9/13/05 5:17 am
Hi Amanda, Believe me, I know how frustrated you are. My VBG was also May of 2003 and I've only lost 64 pounds. I was down 84 pounds and gained 20 back. I'm trying to stay within the 500 calories/50 grams of protein set by the doctor, but some days no matter how hard I try, I just can't do it. I've started back to Curves two weeks ago and I feel as though I've come down some (clothes are a little baggier). I was thinking about having a revision, but the company I work for no longer pays for ANYTHING that has to do with obesity. So I'm giving the VBG everything I have. Hang in there we aren't alone.
Most Active