HORRIBLE PAIN -

Allee Z.
on 11/6/04 9:49 pm - Eastern, IA
Since July I have dealt with intermittent pain in my stomach area - so intense that my back also aches horribly. It just HURTS so bad. Seems like the week or so before my period maybe is when this happens the most. However, the last several days have been torture (and yes, I am calling the surgeon's office tomorrow) - Even if I eat a BITE or drink an ounce or two of water - it feels like I get horrible BLOCKED GAS pain that stays with me for hours. When it does go away I am just fine. But if I want to eat something I KNOW I am in for it. What also happens is that after awhile it gets so intense that all of a sudden I have to vomit. And I heave and heave and heave - usually there isn't anything left in there to heave. But the urge to vomit is overwhelming and can't be controlled. I'm wondering about a blocked 'stoma' even though I'm not sure exactly what that is. I just wondered if any of you have dealt with this 'blocked' gas' thing - and similar symptoms? Please don't post to my emai - but to the site here - I forget how to access the email I have set up for me here. And I'm to in pain to try to figure it out today! *smile*
Lisa Pitzer
on 11/22/04 5:56 am - Simpsonville, SC
Hi Allee, I have been having a similar recurrent abdominal pain since August. So far I've had CT scan's IVP's, and ureterscopy...thinking it was kidney related. All negative. Wednesday I go for a colonoscopy...and if that is normal..they plan on doing a lap. to look around inside. The pain is very intense & severe. Feeling like something gets blocked ..with gas backing up. I hope you can find out what your pain is from. Good luck! Lisa Hopkins RNY Open 5-13-2003 240/135
mommypj
on 1/18/09 10:07 pm
have you had your gallbladder checked? the pain sounds similiar to when my gallbladder was having issues.
OhoyoChahta
on 1/23/10 12:46 pm
I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you found out anything.  My sister is having the same issues with a very low iron count too.

thanks,
Jessica285
on 6/2/10 5:47 am - UT
Sounds like a blocked or partially blocked stoma (the location where they sew the new pouch and intestine together).  Sometimes scar tissue makes the connection too small.  The fix is an esophagial dialiation.  They basically do an upper scope and use a little balloon to dialate the closed/encroached area.

Highest: 297 lbs/Lowest 127 lbs/Maintaining at 140-145 lbs

RNY Nov 2009/Perforated Ulcers Jan 2010/Revised to modified VSG Dec 2011      

Most Active