20 Months out what are you eating?

alsobig
on 1/17/05 7:27 pm - Merrimack, NH
Hope everyone is doing well with this new year apon us. I am 20 months out, I had my surgery on 05/15/03. I started this journey at 420lbs... I reached my goal and then some... My goal was 250lbs and I was 236lbs for a couple of months.. Then over the Hollidays I have slipped up a little and gained about 15lbs... (Not the end of the world but I not very happy about it) Anyways seems like I am always hungry now...? Eating way more then I ever have since my surgery? What I am wondering is what is everyone else eating at 20 months out...? What is your meal routines for each day?
Allee Z.
on 1/19/05 8:21 am - Eastern, IA
I'm 18 months out ... or probably more like 19 months here in a few days!! I try to eat about ONE CUP maximum at a time. My problem is that I seem to be eating MORE OFTEN than I was for some time. So that isn't so good!!! AND sugar doesn't bother me in a bad way -- except ONCE in awhile for short times. So ... my old nemesis is back!! *smile* I suppose the thing to do is to get back to the protein (oh did I SAY that???) ... I only say that because I have a friend who is on Atkins - and she said the other day that she liked it because she STAYED FULL. I think that is the key. I like to feel FULL and if I am not FULL then I think I'm starving! Don't give in to the old ways -- drink more water!! Eat celery! Eat raw veggies and fruits ... you can't eat enough of THOSE to gain weight!! GOOD LUCK!
Soobie
on 1/26/05 1:42 am - South Burlington, VT
I too am 20 months out (5/21/03) and have days where I could eat a horse! Most days tho' I stick to the basics - scrambled egg, bacon, cheese for breakfast, salad with turkey and egg for lunch and meat w/veggie for dinner. Now, on a not so good day I will eat an egg mcmuffin for breakfast, some pistachios for a mid-morning snack, soup and salad for lunch, popcorn or oatmeal for afternoon snack, meat w/veggies for dinner and a few oreos around 9 pm. Hey, I said it was a not so good day! I am about 17 pounds away from my personal goal but under the goal my MD set for me. I am currently losing about 1-2 lbs per month. -Susan 333/172/155
selmasue
on 5/11/05 3:53 am - Green Bay, WI
I will be at 24 months on the 22nd of May. I too have frustrations about eating. If I am at work I snack alot but at home I just eat my three meals. My portion sizes have gotten bigger since the beginning and I snack alot more. I still have difficulty with certain foods such as bread, mil**** cream and sometimes sweets.I have gained 6lbs since april of last year so I am disgusted knowing that I can gain the weight back. I think my problem is that I dont drink enough water to fill me up so I eat. I would greatly appreciate any words of wisdom or support.
Most Active