looking for info....

Deby J.
on 3/9/05 5:09 am - Idaho Falls, ID
I an still in the research phase and could really used peoples input. What I am most interested in right now is what made you choose the type of surgery you had, and if you had it to do over would you make the same choice?
CHEREE D.
on 3/10/05 10:51 am - REDDING, CA
Yes, Deby, I would have this surgery again in a heartbeat. I have not had any of the complications that you can have. I guess that I am very lucky. What made me choose this surgery is that my sister had this surgery before me and she did so well also. I felt that I had nothing to loose, because I have tried everything else and I would loose weight, but then regain it back. I cannot tell you how many times that I have lost 100 lbs. Hopefully, this is the last time I will have to do this. I was very fortunate to have a very skilled surgeon, he is my employer's brother, so he is like family to me. Dr. Mark Nichols is a very skilled surgeon and very caring and compassionate man. I love and respect him so much. I feel that the outcome outweights the risk, especially when you are so grossly overweight that it effects you daily life. I cannot tell you how good I feel now. My life has changed for the better. I had my surgery in May of 2003, so far this has been the longest that I have been able to keep the weight off. I still need to eat right and exercise, but this is a small exchange for how wonderful that I feel now. My health has improved, and I feel that I will live longer having had this procedure. Good luck to you, I hope your opt to have this surgery. God Bless, Cheree
Allee Z.
on 3/17/05 1:59 am - Eastern, IA
IN A HEARTBEAT!!!! I'd climb back on that table and put my life in my surgeon's hands this very moment again if I had it to do over. Was it/has it always been easy. NOPE! But its SO worth it. I know you hear about people with complications and yes, there are some that have 'em. But overwhelmingly as I've talked to people who have had surgery - they all pretty much say the same thing. YES!!! It's SO fun to wear a little green leather jacket today on St. Pat's Day with my size 10 jeans! (I'm 5'10" - 154 pounds!!!!)
stephanie
on 4/4/05 4:30 am - Jasper, GA
Yes i would do it again in a heart beat, I had no major complications, Just the throwing up i just had to learn what i could eat and what not to eat. and to slow down when i eat, but i go back with the same doctor to have a tummy tuck and skin removed from my arms on the 26th of this month. so yes i would do it again.
selmasue
on 5/11/05 3:37 am - Green Bay, WI
Like all surgeries there are risks but this surgery was well worth it and not only have I recommended it to others but I also would do it again. I have tried all kinds of diets but never lost the weight I wanted to. This journey is not a easy journey but with support and determination it will be a rewarding journey. The only complication that I had was I got a abdomen hernia and they had to fix it. That surgery and recovery process was far worse then the Rouyen surgery.Unfortunately I was denired for any type of plastic surgery so I have to work extra hard to try and firm up.
Most Active