HORRID PAIN FOLLOW UP FOLLOW UP

Allee Z.
on 5/18/05 11:24 am - Eastern, IA
Okay - WHY this seemed to be worst at "that time of month" than others - I don't know. But here is my story and I pass it along for you - just so you don't have this happen to you too. I got an email from a friend in a different state who had had WLS and recently had a tummy tuck. She wrote me and said "IF YOU ARE TAKING ANYTHING WITH ASPIRIN AND/OR IBUPROFEN IN IT ... STOP NOW" What happened was that after her pain meds from the TT were gone, she was still uncomfortable and was taking aspirin and ibuprofen for pain. All of a sudden one day she started vomiting blood. Scared her to death - went in and found she had a bleeding ulcer from the meds. So after she wrote that to me and I was already having these wicked stomach aches and problems I decided what a fool I was to take aspirin and ibuprofen. I didn't take a LOT of these, but occassionally. My thought process was "a little won't hurt". At that same time I vowed to religiously take my calcium and vitamins which I hadn't been so faithful at either. Imagine my surprise a couple weeks later when I started feeling overall better. My stomach didn't hurt so much and eventually the pain was GONE ALTOGETHER. My own diagnosis of this was that I was getting an ulcer in my little tummy and it was VERY PAINFUL. I do NOT take aspirin or ibuprofen at all now. And feel GOOD now!
Most Active