Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/13 8:12 am - riverside, CA
Topic: RE: lap band after bypass

I had my surgery in 2005 (GB) and lost 140 pounds and stayed the same wt for 5 years then started gaining and have struggled every since I have 100 to lose and I feel like such a failure and I am not sure if lap band is the best option it sounds like the safest.  I cannot seem to stay full for more than 20 minutes irregardless of what I eat.  I do better fasting than I do when I eat.  So I too would like to hear from anyone who has has a BOB (band over bypass).  Thanks, JP [email protected]

Linda21249
on 6/15/12 1:07 am - fairfield, oh
Topic: RE: Roll Call 7 1/2 years Post Op...
 Hello. My name is Linda. I  had Gastric by pass RNY May 2003. At the time i was 330 and the lowest i lost was down to 170 in a year and got  in to size 14 .. After being in a 3x that was good.
       I had some complications i was told.. Due to gastric by pass and had surgery Dec 2010,
    I had intestines trapped in a hernia  etc. Due to low activity.. i went from 201 to 240,  Ouch!!!
                 I recently lost to 225 only being sick and not able to eat do to a HIatial hernia flareI up. and low pottasium and alot times anemic.
               I am wondering what does one due to restart the loosing process? I have not kept in
touch with a support group or a dietician, Due to no medical insurance.
             At this far post op.. Do you know the dietary guidelines? IT says between 800 to 1200. calories day ,and i read somewhere that we are to have at least 60 grams protein day>?
        I cant exercise as much as i would like. After 10 min walk knee goes out.. So i guess
it may be back to pool exercises for me... I hope walking in pool counts until i can do more.
                  I would love to hear from you. Maybe we can be buddies on here and be of some
support... Linda in Ohio
DailyMae123
on 1/20/11 1:01 pm
Ericka S.
on 1/11/11 8:08 am - Flint, Mi
Hi My name is Ericka I had mine on 5/21/03 I havent done well evere since the surgery it was very hard on me. I lost alot of weight I vomited so much my teeth are almost no good now. I was 271lbs to start and was 125lbs for 5yrs I am gaining and dont know why I hardly eat at all. Snacking for me at 125lbs was normal I could eat sweets easier than real food. I am seeing so many Drs right now it is crazy. I am going back to the basics protein drinks that I hate LOL if you have any suggestions for a good one let me know. I also have found out I am severly anemic so I am tired all the time so I dont move to much. So again back to basice protein and movement I didnt go thru this to regain it!!!!!
Mrs. C.
on 11/15/10 4:54 am - Salinas, Ca
Hi. I haven't signed into this website in almost 7 years. My Gastric Bypass was May 9, 2003. I've lost all my weight, and have managed to keep it off all these years. I have had numerous complications including ,malnutrition, malabsorption syndrome, and recently (last year) I had to have my gallbladder removed for gallstones.  I'm here looking for my angel Angee, who supported me during me pre-op and post-op via phone and internet. I went to my old page, I see her messages but theres no name attached to them, I guess she's not a member here anymore.Bummer!  I can't believe I remembered my old user name and password to be honest...  it is strange for me to go back and read my own story and look at old pics 7 1/2 years later....  wow.   I have come a long way since my surgery, I went back to school, had a career, had to medically retire, I beat a 4 year battle with cancer, and now am taking care of my parents who are both terminal... I have a non-profit org, I have been a part of many fundraising events, even been on TV a few times.  I don't forget the times when I was so ill, and can't believe I have come so far, and changed my life for the better... maybe it's time to update my photo  :)
alsobig
on 10/22/10 4:55 am, edited 10/27/10 2:10 am - Merrimack, NH
Topic: Roll Call 7 1/2 years Post Op...
Just curious how everyone is doing? Had my surgery 05/15/03 day of surgery I was 417lbs my lowest weight was 10/08/04  I lost 183 lbs  down to 234 I have re-gained about 50lbs now at 285... sucks but it is my own fault... I love to snack...NOT GOOD... anybody else want to chime in...?
Jessica285
on 6/2/10 5:47 am - UT
Topic: RE: HORRIBLE PAIN -
Sounds like a blocked or partially blocked stoma (the location where they sew the new pouch and intestine together).  Sometimes scar tissue makes the connection too small.  The fix is an esophagial dialiation.  They basically do an upper scope and use a little balloon to dialate the closed/encroached area.

Highest: 297 lbs/Lowest 127 lbs/Maintaining at 140-145 lbs

RNY Nov 2009/Perforated Ulcers Jan 2010/Revised to modified VSG Dec 2011      

OhoyoChahta
on 1/23/10 12:46 pm
I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you found out anything.  My sister is having the same issues with a very low iron count too.

thanks,
mommypj
on 1/18/09 10:07 pm
have you had your gallbladder checked? the pain sounds similiar to when my gallbladder was having issues.
Lori F
on 11/3/08 4:00 am
Topic: RE: ROLL CALL - 5 years as of 5/5/03 -- weight maintained - deficiencies anyone?
Karene,
Wow, it sounds like you need some good nutrition, quick!  I'd love to get you some help with the products that I've been taking.  Check out my bio, and if you'd like to know more, let me know.  My e-mail address is [email protected] 
Most Active