How do you feed yourself? X post from grads board.

Ruth A.
on 8/19/08 3:52 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
I found this inspirational so thought I would share it with you (with Cathy's permission of course): I spent a quality day kicking back with my family. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed being together. My heart was truly very full. So, that got me to thinking about how I need to continue that feeling each day. At first, the question of "How do you feed yourself?" may seem like a silly question. As post-ops, we think in terms of grams of protein, carbs, and fat. As a weight loss surgery patient, of course it is important to pay attention to our nutritional needs. I certainly don't mean to discount that importance. When we get beyond the food, what I mean by the question is how do you feed or nurture yourself? We feed our bodies but what about our heart and self-care. There are many ways to nurture ourselves. We wouldn't go for an entire day without taking in nutrition for your body. Never go an entire day without nurturing yourself. Make a commitment to yourself that every day you will do something special and nurturing. Feed yourself in body, heart and spirit. I think being a post-op success is about healthy habits including feeding ourselves in ALL ways. Cathy Cathy, Certified Life Coach Weight Loss Surgery Life Coach My website: www.LoseWeightFindLife.com Director of ObesityHelp Support Groups & Professional Network Liaison
Most Active