Satisfying Saturday

Ruth A.
on 9/12/08 6:47 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi All

what are your weekend plans?

For a wonderful change, I have no plans for today (Saturday), so am being lazy for a while.     I then plan to do some gardening with my daughter and a sort out in her room to try and persuade her that she has too much stuff and that others ould benefit from it if we give it away, hmmm, not sure of my chances on that one though.

Following on from that, my thoughts today are on 'excess'.  My daughter has an excess of toys and other items in her room.  We live in an excessive culture.  How much does that excessive culture affect our lifestyle?  I know it definitly did pre wls as I ate an excess of food.   

But do I have excessive tendancies still?    Do I have excess food in the house, for example?  Are the cupboards over stocked so that there are always wrong snacks to hand?  Do I still tend to eat to excess on occassion?  I think where we are disciplined in one area, it spills over into others.  If we can begin to live a modest lifestyle, then that will spill over into our food buying habits, and eating habits, and it could help us return to the modest eating we did early out.  And I don't just mean quantity - quality is involved here too.  Over rich, over calorific counts as excess too.

Food for thought..............

Enjoy your weekend everyone   

AndiCandy
on 9/12/08 11:22 pm - NY
Hi Ruthy! I finally had hte chance to pop back on here. Last night i went to the Bariatric Fashion Show with the gentleman i had surgery with, Bob. We had a wonderful time and it was great to see alot of folks from the support group i used to go to and see how well they've all done. Our town is having a cheese festival today.....lederkranz and velveeta were developed here and we capitalize on that when we can! Tomorrow is my husband's nieces (twin girls) third birthday party so we have to schlepp out for that. I don't look forward to it but it's a family obligation that we just can't miss. ANDI
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Trixie517
on 9/13/08 2:15 am - San Marcos, CA
Hi all,

Not much happening here...Today, I just have some housework/laundry to do.  Also, help my husband put the kitchen back together after a pipe leak a couple weeks ago...later going to friends to play wii...omg, it is such a good workout.  We do the sports, boxing especially, I really work up a sweat.

Tomorrow, friends getting together for football...which means bad food and drinks.  I will try to be good.  I kinda have a "I will start again on Monday" mentality.  I know each day is important but...

Anyway, enjoy yourselves.

Trish
AndiCandy
on 9/13/08 2:24 am - NY
hey Trish you interested in starting the 5 day pouch test with me on Monday? ANDI
Dream it Live it
1pigflygif.gif
When Pigs Fly
Trixie517
on 9/15/08 12:34 pm - San Marcos, CA

Hey Andi,

Sorry did not log on in time....yes, I have been thinking about doing the 5 day pouch test again...when do you want to start?  Or did you start today (Monday?)...if so I can start tomorrow...let me know.

I really feel like I have been eating way too mu*****uantity so this might be a good idea.

Trish

Trixie517
on 9/15/08 12:36 pm - San Marcos, CA
Yes, when?  Didn't log in on Monday in time but I am ready to start when you are!

Trish
Ruth A.
on 9/15/08 3:45 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Andi, Trish

I've decided to join you 'in part'.  That is, I ate my way through yesterday - cookies, candy,

So today I'm on a plain eating plan - back to basics kind of thing.  This morning I'm having greek yoghurt (Fage) with frozen raspberries and a drizzle of honey - 300 cals or there abouts.  Now I need to not keep dipping into the cookie tin at work, eat what I have planned for lunch and make my way through the evening.

I'll check in later to see how you guys are doing

Most Active