Update

Kathryn M.
on 12/10/08 12:34 am - in the Suburbs, MI
I am going strong on the 5 Day Pouch Test and so happy I did this. This is a great feeling to cleansed my body of all those chips and crackers I used to physically crave. Now I dream about eating them. Seriously! Obviously its a head hungr thing not a physical need - duh, right?

I jsut wanted to share that and also that Im having a BL/TT on January 5th. Im soo excited! I think this will help in my outlook on my body. I find myself so ugly right now and maybe seeing a "normal" body will help remind me to take better care of it.

But those tortilla chips.......they are my demons! :
HaHa

Kathryn
Kathryn 
Ruth A.
on 12/10/08 2:16 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Oooooh, I am soooooooooo jealous of you having a BL/TT - BUT I'm pleased for you too!!!

I know that if I did, I would feel much better about my body and would feel that I had reached goal - I too feel so ugly- much more so than when I was at my heaviest!!  Crazy I know, but there you go.

Anyway, hope it all goes well.  It is a great time for you to be doing the 5 day test to prepare your body.  Please let us know how it goes, and remind me just beforehand as I have a terrible memory and will forget the date by then.

how many days left on the 5 day test?  Keep going strong...

hugs, Ruth
Kathryn M.
on 12/10/08 8:50 pm - in the Suburbs, MI
Thanks Ruth!

I will keep you posted as I'm as nervous as I am excited about this upcoming surgery date.
I am on Day 5 of the pouch test and I am soo surprised by how it has helped me refocus. I tried this before and I ate within the 1st 8 hours! I went off program at the sight of a taco! Sheesh!

I am still so much heavier than is healthy - I know I need to use behavior modification and I think this is what the pouch test has helped me to realize.....I have lost 4 lbs in 4 days and I have walked each day - not super fast- not far - just 1 mile but it's been a wonderful turn around from my laziness the past 10 months since I put on the weight.

Thank you for the encouragement- its been a great help to know there are other people less than perfect even though we had wls nearly 3 years ago.

BTW- your opinion: Will some of us always struggle to maintain a healthy or slightly overweight BMI? I have yet to have a BMI lower than 28!! But I began at 40 something...so I still think Ive come a long way!!!
Kathryn 
Ruth A.
on 12/11/08 6:06 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi Kathryn

sadly, yes I think some of us will always struggle - but not that I am speaking that into any of our lives.  Sometimes I think, for me, it's because I've been overweight for so long and other times I just wonder.  There is actually a very good post on the grads board about a nutricionist theory that you get to the weight you were at age 16 and from the replies, that's where most people have got to - me included!

Others seemed to reach their goal so quickly within the first year, but for those of us that didn't we may always have to keep an eye on things.  Or maybe we werent' 'fixed' the same way as the others.  There are several on the revision board who's pouches were not made as small as others, or who haven't had the same amount of intenstines bypassed.  Who's to say we arent' in those groups too and have done amazing to get as far as we have????

I still think we are considered successes by the medical field if we haev lost 75-80% of our excess weight.
Katherine A.
on 12/11/08 12:32 pm - Klein, TX
I have no butt any more. heehee nothing to lift here giggle

tt.. oh baby.. that is a dream of mine. 

congratulations..

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

Most Active