What a difference three years makes

Ruth A.
on 5/5/09 10:01 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
So what are you doing with your new life that you weren't doing pre wls?

I had so many dreams & ideas all my life of 'when I lose weight', so have I done any of them.  Sadly I have got so bogged down in life that I haven't, but when I think about it, it's more little things that I do now.  Things like:

1. running around playing with my daughter
2. going bike riding with her.
3. Not shopping for clothes in the plus size stores.
4. not even thinking about whether a chair will hold my weight or collapse under me
5. being able to bend over and stil breathe
6. wrap a towel around me (and have spare to tuck in too!!)
7. I don't have to worry about the 'next meal' and if I don't eat, getting a migraine
8. airplane seats are more comfy

I've gotta run, but I'm sure there are loads more.  Looking forward to hearing your answers

Ruth

Kathy S.
on 5/6/09 1:41 am - PHX, AZ

1. Wearing closed shoes during the winter.

2. Kneeling down to tie my other half's tennis shoes

3. Lifting up the armrest on the plane for another passenger heavier than me so they are more comfortable.

4. Riding rollercoasters at Cedar Point and NOT being asked to try the seat/seatbelt at the entrance of the ride!

5. Eating the $1.99 three year old plate at the Hometown Buffett.

6. Splitting a dessert shot at Applebee's THREE WAYS with two bypass buddies and leaving some in the shot glass.

7. Running to catch a bus connection!

8. Being able to walk the mall without fatigue.

9.  Learning how to cook !!

10. Learning to knit!

11. Going down the waterslide at 45 and riding an inner tube in the wave pool (I live in Arizona)

12. Sliding in the middle of a booth willingly and easily

Kathy

Ruth A.
on 5/7/09 6:09 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
oh yeh, I love being able to slide along into that booth, with room to spare between me and the table too LOL

abbysmemaw
on 5/6/09 11:55 am - Port Clinton, OH

1. Bending over and tying my shoes and being able to without just about passing out!

2. Sitting in a booth comfortably.
3.Walking for a long time without being breathless,,,
4.Having great sex again!!!
5. Eating something and really getting full...(for awhile anyway!)
6.Taking a long bike ride without feeling like I'm gonna die!.
6. Dancing!!
7. Wearing smaller size clothes!!
8. Wearing a bathing suit without being TOO embarrassed!
9.Being smaller than my sisters!!
10. Raising 2 grandchildren ages 3 & 5 .....still tired out at being close to 60....but I can do it!!
11. Taking a bath and being able to GET out of the tub!!
12. Wrapping a towel around me...
13. Getting compliments..from other people..

A whole new life...its better~~~,haven't reached my goal.....not even came close....and have gained weight,,,,but I would do it again...ups amd downs!

Karen

Ruth A.
on 5/7/09 6:15 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
LOL it's good to know great sex is still on the menu with grandchildren around

Sadly for me at the moment I'm feeling far too     for any of that - but at least when I do have some I can enjoy all the new positions available now that I'm smaller!!!!!!!!!!!

Katherine A.
on 5/6/09 1:45 pm - Klein, TX
1. never leaving the house without a protein bar to keep from having my blood sugar drop to 47 again
2. knowing that it takes 2 cheese sticks to bring my blood sugar from 151 back to 100 in less than 4 minutes
3. discoverying that corn and my pouch = Moonshine (a fermented corn ma**** contains not less than 80% corn and is distilled to 10 proof, or 80% alcohol.) same thing with cauliflower and peaches.
4. shock and awe that I can consume two glazed raised donuts with no effect whatsoever, but 3 tablespoons of cream of wheat send me into a death spiral.
5. noting that I cut my hair in 2006 to shoulder length and it has not grown since.
6. realizing that my bumpy thumb nails are an indicator of my iron defenciency.
7. sucking down coffee like a caffiene addict avoiding a hang over by never sobering up. ;-)
8. LOVE the towel, even tiny Motel 6 ones that reach all the way around
9. Love all the room in an airplane seat.
10. it has been so long since wls, that no one remembers, including my dh, what I looked like, and now the fat ladies at school, give me the EVIL eye and I know it is because I am a size 4 and they are a size 32. 

I do not have more energy, I am still as active as before, but I look pretty damn good. ;) how people treat me in my industry is 180 and THAT is important, we do live in a superficial world and so I am extremely glad that I made the change.

Kat
Highest; 285
Start 275
Surgery 247
Lowest 143
Current 157

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

Ruth A.
on 5/7/09 6:18 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
4. shock and awe that I can consume two glazed raised donuts with no effect whatsoever, but 3 tablespoons of cream of wheat send me into a death spiral.

What is it with that???????  It's so darn annoying and totally against everything I thought would happen after wls.  Sigh..............

Most Active