Three Years Out Pics...

Jacqueline
on 5/30/09 2:15 pm - 'boro, TN
I can't believe its been three years guys!!! I'm so proud of everyone on this board.. and even though I am 31 pounds heavier than my lowest weight.. ( i blame it on my pregnancy, but its more like pregnancy/lack of exercise/snacking ) I feel wonderful, and I consider this surgery to be a great succes!!! There's a new pic on the profile!
Katherine A.
on 7/24/09 9:30 pm - Klein, TX
I was going to take some professional portraits to mark the 3 year surgiversary, but then I was so disappointed in my 20 lb gain from not being able to control the carbmonster that I put the lights away and gave up. 

Where is all the glow and glee from three years ago?

I am still considered 'trim' and I can still stuff myself into those pants from two years ago, but they are uncomfortable and look like I am trying too hard. 

I know what I need to do. I need to eat better (we have a fruit / pasta based diet here) and I need to ride my bike, (it has been triple digits and a drought for months) so I can make excuses all day long.

The surigery is a success but I do not feel like one at all. 

Kat (Houston, Texas)
Highest weight: 285
Lowest weight since: 143
Current weight: 161.5
Medical ideal weight: 140
Goal weight: 150

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

Jacqueline
on 10/3/09 2:09 pm - 'boro, TN
I totally understand where you are coming from. I mean if when I was wearing a size 24 jeans someone would have told me I'd fit nicely in a size 9 three years after gastric bypass I would be like.. HELL YEAH, sign me up! WHOOO HOOO SIZE 9...

BUT and a BIG but... after seeing size 2 for a while, a size nine is now not quite as thrilling..

I blame my gain on the pregnancy.. but you know what I had almost lost all that weight, and then regained it.. snacking...

I try to be grateful, and happy, and positive about my health and where I am in life.. and tell myself that hey 30 pounds to loose is nothing compaired to what I have already lost.. and I can do it!

We can do it!!!

We just need that motivation that we had in the begining.. i'm breaking out the meaureing cups, lol!

Today was my first day on a three day kick start diet, and I'm feeling really great, wish me luck, and remember we're in this together :)
Katherine A.
on 10/3/09 2:54 pm - Klein, TX
yes, I have been fudging myself into stretch pants again, how easily we back slide into old horrible tricks.  I did go out today and had 1 slice of pizza at a birthday party and a TINY 1/2 cup of peach cobbler with a heaping tablespoon of ice cream. however that totally ignores the four receese p'butter cups that I ate through out the day which is my problem. candy calls my name like a siren. I hate it. but it does keep my blood sugar from spikeing, course so would more steak throughout the day. it is my own fault. maybe tomorrow will be better.

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

Most Active