May 31 surgiversary

Ruth A.
on 5/30/09 1:28 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Well It's my 3 year mark today.  Thought I would have been at goal a long time ago, thought I wouldn't be able to eat nearly as much as I can, BUT have lost a huge amount, and am pleased with where I am.

Still working towards losing, some days I do better than others.

Before WLS:  266
Now: 176
Goal: 154
Dream Goal: 135
mew6495
on 5/31/09 12:31 am - MI
On May 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM Pacific Time, Ruth A. wrote:
Well It's my 3 year mark today.  Thought I would have been at goal a long time ago, thought I wouldn't be able to eat nearly as much as I can, BUT have lost a huge amount, and am pleased with where I am.

Still working towards losing, some days I do better than others.

Before WLS:  266
Now: 176
Goal: 154
Dream Goal: 135
 CONGRATULATIONS on your success  of a wonderful weight loss and keeping it off for 3 years!  

It's wonderful that technology has given us tools to help up achieve what we may not have been able to prior to the WLS.  Sometimes it's so easy to feel discouraged for where we want to be instead of remembering where we were without the help.  At least for me it is...  I commend you you for your positive frame of mind and the perseverance to keep moving forward!  

GREAT JOB!  

Ruth A.
on 5/31/09 4:55 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi there

thank you so much for your kind words.  It is so hard to keep goin gsome days isn't it, but I have to keep reminding myself how far I have come and not dispise the weight I have lost.

How are you doing now?  Are you still pleased that you had the revision?

Ruth
mew6495
on 5/31/09 7:15 am - MI
On May 31, 2009 at 11:55 AM Pacific Time, Ruth A. wrote:
Hi there

thank you so much for your kind words.  It is so hard to keep goin gsome days isn't it, but I have to keep reminding myself how far I have come and not dispise the weight I have lost.

How are you doing now?  Are you still pleased that you had the revision?

Ruth
 I am doing fine.  Thank you for asking.  Yes, so far I am very pleased with my decision for a revision to ERNY.  It has been a good choice.  I am so thankful that Dr. S understood my situation and gave me a second chance that other doctors were unwilling to.

Even with the ERNY I know that weight maintenance/loss will ALWAYS be a life time choice that I will have to focus on as with any WLS.  For me it is not just about loosing the weight but maintaining my health and peace of mind.  Especially as I age.

Like you said, some days are difficult but what other options do we have but to look forward and try and make the best choices we can regarding food, exercise and living a healthy life style.

Good Luck.  Keep on, keeping on.....

Katherine A.
on 6/15/09 3:54 pm - Klein, TX
hello sister...

here I am, two weeks late and two dollars short.

what do I know now? that i was okay when I was loosing and that I am okay with my gaining.  I think there are something that are going on that allow me to get too complacient.

stretchy pants. they give too much and I do not suffer when I add extra pounds.

dehydration, I just do not focus hard enough each on what I need to do to take care of me. and I focus too easily on the kids instead. my bad. my own fault.

hypoglycemia. not sure why it was not a problem during the drastic weight loss and only 3 meals aday, but now that I am carbing out and 5 small meals a day, my weight has stagnated, but it still 13 lbs over goal weight.

I need to find the drive to get back to focus.

kat

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

Most Active