medications...

Izabella M.
on 9/28/09 1:01 am, edited 9/28/09 1:07 am - MONSON, MA
Hey all...

I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I also have some pretty uncomfortable arthritis. My regualre DR gave my some Arthritis meds, but when I went to the arthritis DR (who has been in the bus. for over 30 yrs) told me to stop taking it, that I shouldn't be taking "anything" with my gastric bypass. Now I know its been 6 yrs, but I thought, if I remember correctly, that in the meetings we all had to go through there was mention of "some" that we could take. I could really use something to take the "edge" off some days. I hate to argue with someone who has been in the business for such a long time, but come-on!!!!! I need something for this Pain....

Izabella
Katherine A.
on 9/28/09 10:13 am - Klein, TX
I have RA and it has been in remission since surgery. I took some ibuprofen last year and it tore my pouch up so bad that I puked blood so I do not recommend that. however. I do know that embrel is an injection medication rather than an oral, so I would investigate if you can go with injectable medication to solve the problem.

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

buffalo7
on 10/23/09 5:22 pm - El Cerrito, CA
Hi Izabella -
I have FM as well (for 18 years), and I take medications for it. I'm surprised that your doctor would tell you not to take anything. I know that we aren't supposed to take anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen. However, some antidepressants (Cymbalta) can reduce the experience of pain. There are also medications like Lyrica, Gabapentin and Tramadol that can reduce pain. I have taken these medications and not had any problem, though they are associated with weight gain.

I hope this is helpful.

Take care,
Heather
Most Active