Egg Nog Is coming

Katherine A.
on 11/16/09 1:24 pm - Klein, TX
okay, it is here. and it is so yummy in my coffee and I am sure that I am going to gain 10 lbs just from 1 oz in each cup of coffee. Come to think of it, I am sure that next week will be the start of piggie season.  I hate piggy season. I struggled and resisted buying chocolate chips so that I do not make yet another batch of cookies this week, even though they were singing my name down the isle tonight. I did get flour so that I could make dumplings to go in the chicken and dumplings and turkey and dumplings next week.  I really wanted to drop 15 lbs before my birthday next month, I would have needed to drop 2 lbs a week by then and I do not seem to be able to do that, even cutting down the calories, so I have to reve up the exersize and increase the fluids if I am going to make my goal by December 13th of 150 lbs (I am at 165 right now) and I have 4 weeks to go.. OMG how did that happen? that is so stinking quick.. well okay, that is not doable. I would be lucky to break 160 in that amount of time. rats rats rats. I am resolved though to NOT pig out I am overseas for 3 weeks. I promise.

Kat     Blog   [Photographer & Mom of 5 275/143/202

[[ Some people are like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose,
but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.]]

Katherine A.
on 12/15/09 11:30 am - Klein, TX
All in All, I am doing okay, I did not drop 15 lbs, I stayed the same but I did not gain. that is what we tell ourselves. at least  I didnt gain.
I did go through several egg nogs with my coffee in November and December. and here in Norway, I am not able to secure more egg nog, it is a controled substance, and they only sell it at liquor stores, freaks. so 1% milk is my substitute. My goal is 1 serving but that is difficult, I am still pretty hungry periodicially throughout the day, even now, I am resisting the urge to raid the cupboard for 1 slice of goat cheese and one dry crisp bread. to tide me over.
as for my birthday.. yes, the big cake is coming. it is called marzipan (ground almond paste) syltetøy (jam) cake, it is to die for, I had my last one in 2001.

Katherine A.
on 12/23/09 9:25 pm - Klein, TX
the holidays are a sabotage ... an assault at every turn.  gingerbread cookies are wonderful.  my birthday requires a cake.  everyone starts a party with a desert. gracious. how do people survive? I thought that hanging out with the very slinder Nordic Culture would make it easier, but with cheese and crackers and almond paste goodies, I am not sure I will fit in the airline seat to get back home in January. snacks after snacks after snacks. I am still eating off a saucer, but I am dying to find a scale and see how much damage I have done in the last week.

Most Active