Alli weight loss program

Izabella M.
on 2/9/10 3:13 am - MONSON, MA
Hi everyone...

As with some of you, I gained a few pounds. I figured I'd try the Alli program. I've been doing it for only 2 days but I'm thinking now, this is a pill that helps get rid of some of the fat that you eat before it is digested. Well, I don't eat a whole lot of fat, So now I'm wondering if this is even going to do anything for me. I've been doing a 1800 cal. diet a day which I have been doing good on, but as far as that pill, I dunno if it is worth even doing. Anyone else try it? Or do you have any other ideas for a weight loss other than counting cal. and is 1800  a day good?
Does anyone know how to do the 5 day pouch test? 

curious,

thanks, Izabella
abbysmemaw
on 3/10/10 10:22 am - Port Clinton, OH
hI,
I also bought some of the ALLI pills and I think I wasted my money! I also don't eat allot of fat,so then I'm not taking the pill at meals like you are supposed to...
I haven't been brave enough to try the 5 day pouch test....I'm not good at sticking to anything!! I'm a failure at this surgery as it is!! I never got to my goal weight and I have gained 20+ pounds back that I did lose!!!!
 I wish I had an answer...of course I know what that is...exercise...I sit at a desk all day at work! Then write down everthing you eat....I could run out of paper!!! hehe!
I eat allot out of stress....the Dr. has tried all kinds of things for me,none of them worked!
But anyway,maybe they will work for you,but I still have allot left because of the fat thing!!

Karen

Ruth A.
on 3/17/10 5:33 am - Letchworth Garden City, UK
As far as I know Alli is the over the counter version of Xenical which I tried before wls.  As you say, if you don't eat a high fat diet, it won't do anything at all.  i didn't lose using it.

Ruth

Kate -True Brit
on 5/27/10 12:34 am - UK

The FDA has just issued a liver damage warning which is to be printed on packs of Alli and Xenical. Says 13 cases of serious liver damage, including a couple of deaths,  may be associated with its use. The link below is a Chinnese one but in hurry and can't find the US one I read yesterday!

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/health/2010-05/27/c_13 318762.htm

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active