First day of liquid diet

xenobia
on 5/24/10 2:24 am - miami, FL
I think i can, i think i can, i think i can. I don't think I've ever gone two days without food. I even cheated when I was in the hospital waiting to get birth. But this time I think I will look at it as a two day cleanse and mental preparation. I keep wonder if I will go into withdrawal like a junkie. Moody, irritable, crazed without my drug of choice. The drug i have faithfully relied all of my life. I guess its time to learn some coping skills. Cold turkey baby here I come. Lets do this.
dewgo
on 6/12/10 7:44 am
VSG on 07/01/10 with
Oh i totally know how you feel. I know I'm late to reply but I am on the third day of my pre-op liquid diet and all I think about is food. Commercials, serving food to others, my boyfriend cooking dinner- it is miserable! I dont want to cheat either because this is serious but it is hard. How do you mentally prepare to never do your drug of choice again? I keep wishing I had indulged more before this diet- since after surgery i cant cheat either-- oh well- cold turkey it is--- umm  that sounds good right now! LOL
xenobia
on 6/13/10 12:58 pm, edited 6/13/10 12:58 pm - miami, FL
Hang in there. After the surgery you wont be hungry at all. I have to force myself to eat each day. I never dream it was possible. I was very angry the first couple of days of liquid diet but the best wake it explain it is your going through the withdrawal process. Your quiting you drug cold turkey and it does a little number on you mentally but you'll be fine. And stop yelling at the TV for showing all those food close ups in commercials.(oops that was me lol) Believe me it gets a lot better.
Most Active