***October...time to face the number***

John W.
on 9/30/08 10:00 pm - Near Topeka, KS
I'll be the first to start. My weight for the month of October is 191. To determine your weight you can use any of the days one week before the 1st of the month. Take your lowest weight leading up to that time. It doesn't matter what the weight is, you just need to be faithful and post it EVERY month. I even put in my results of the last 6 months and encourage the same.

Month                  Lost          Weight
May 2008              1 lb         Wt. 197
June 2008             2 lbs        Wt. 195
July 2008              0 lbs        Wt. 195
August 2008         0 lbs        Wt. 195
Sept. 2008           3 lbs         Wt. 192
Oct 2008              1 lb          Wt. 191

Have a great month. In my mind, I have no clue why this weight seems to keep coming off. I feel like I eat way too much, but the malabsorption is still alive and well. I have to prepare for the time when the malabsorption will not be such a factor. I don't want to gain...

John

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

lv2beasahm
on 9/30/08 11:53 pm - Pennsville, NJ
My weight this morning was 140.2.  I'm continuously bouncing between 138.2 and 141.  It's weird.  On days I force myself to eat, the scale is naughty the next morning.  If I eat like a pig (or I think I'm overeating), the scale goes down the next morning.

I have to get back to being faithful to my vitamins.  I won't get into it here but I've found myself "rationing" my pills because "someone" (won't mention his name), has it in his head I was only supposed to be faithful to them until I hit goal.  Soooooooooooo I find myself rationing.  I honestly feel like crap.  I'm so tired and just feel icky all the time.  I see my surgeon tomorrow.  I know he'll flip out on me but what am I supposed to do.  Ya know?

I'd like to hit 135 as my bottom number.  But, I don't want to get much smaller.  At 5'8" I don't think 3-6 pounds off will really make a difference visually.  It's just the number *I* want to see.  If I get there, terrific.  If not, I've still lost almost 130 pounds!  Anyway I look at it I've still been successful.

Here's to a terrific October!
* Cyndi *

Holly Knight
on 10/3/08 9:36 pm - New Waverly, IN
Hey Cyndi...you busy?  Check out my ticker!!!!  BTW I love butterflies!!!!!  Will talk soon!!!!!

Love, Holly

lv2beasahm
on 10/3/08 11:48 pm - Pennsville, NJ
  I knew it would happen!!!  I'm so happy for you!!!!  I've been offline for the most part for a while.  I'm chairing my 25th class reunion and, of course, all but one committee member is "way too busy".  So, I've been doing it all.  It's been driving me CRAZY!  Thank goodness the reunion is November 22 and it's almost over. lol

I was supposed to go to the Philly OH seminar today.  I won't get into it here but I'll just say my "husband" strikes again.   So, I'm home VERY po'd.  I'll work on your card today or tonight.

I'm so proud of you!!!!!
* Cyndi *

armra1967
on 10/4/08 11:41 pm, edited 10/4/08 11:44 pm - Lakewood, NY
 Holly, it was only a matter of time. Granted semed like a l-o-n-g time, but you did it!
Now for my weight: 158 was my best last month. Wanna lose just a few more, but not happening for me. However, I feel great and will be satisifed if I stay right where I'm at.
Take care everyone, April

Holly Knight
on 10/5/08 2:28 am - New Waverly, IN
Thanks April.....

It felt wonderful to step on that scale yesterday and see that!!!!  I have been going to Curves at least 3 times a week, but I try for 4.  I have about 10 more pounds I would really like to get off, but just taking things one day at a time right now.  Just so glad that things are moving in the right direction!!!!!!
165 was my best for last month....today was 160!!!!!!  YEAH!!!!!

Love, Holly

cschoen
on 10/5/08 3:47 am - NJ
Cyndi,

From one to another, please TAKE THOSE VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS!  You know the reasons, I realize that, but don't jeopardize all your hard work.  Besides, after al lthat hard work, you deserve to feel good!

Check around at places like Walmart and Costco for their brands.  I know they're still expensive, but this is a necessity.

The *other* Cyndi
Cyndi, Leader, OH Groups,
Northern NJ Stalwarts
and (the slow-growing) Keeping It Kosher After WLS

"I want my unwarranted optimism back!" Dilbert

cschoen
on 10/5/08 3:43 am - NJ
I rarely weigh myself - I was getting a little too crazy with what the scale said.  However, I still go to the nutritionist every month and she does weigh me.  As of Oct. 2nd I was 139 lbs., down from 271 at my highest, 266 at surgery.  However, my doctor's scale seems to be a bit different - on her scale I'm 138 lb.  I'm still losing about 1 lb a month, it seems, and about half of that is fat. 

Jonh, you said "I have to prepare for the time when the malabsorption will not be such a factor. I don't want to gain..."  THAT is my only goal right now, to keep up with my plan (including tracking and exercise) and to develop and implant good habits.  I want this to feel like a "normal" part of my day, not something I am anxious about on a daily basis (which I am, to some degree).

Cyndi, Leader, OH Groups,
Northern NJ Stalwarts
and (the slow-growing) Keeping It Kosher After WLS

"I want my unwarranted optimism back!" Dilbert

SMLTWNGRL
on 10/14/08 1:13 am - LINESVILLE, PA
Well, I haven't updated my ticker, but I seem to be maintaining at 116.  This is 4 pounds below my goal.   I have lost 111.5 pounds to date.  But I am ever so nervous about the scale.  Some days I feel like I eat too much!  I am always worried about gaining at all.  I need to be held accountable!
John W.
on 10/14/08 3:40 am - Near Topeka, KS
I can relate to your comments. It seems like each day I finish the evening and feel like I ate too much. I use the scale to decide how agressively I'm going to monitor my food for the week. When the scale starts to creep back up, I use my Fitday program and eat more fish and chicken. I just start doing more of the stuff that helped my weight loss in the first place. So far, it seems to be working. I too am just afraid to gain it all back. My mind plays tricks on me and wants to know when this dream is going to be over and when I'm going to wake up. So far I must be sound asleep...LOL....with the dream being alive.

John

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 571 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1206 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1179 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 950 views