Below goal and want to post new photos

artlady
on 10/20/08 4:32 pm - NY
Hello fellow Mayers,
   I have had the same photo on here since before surgery. Can anyone tell me how to update my photo?
   Anyway, my goal was 136 and I am hanging in the low 130's. I am happy with my weight and enjoying life. I still have good eating weeks and bad eating weeks, if you know what I mean. I don't worry any more about overeating, since I simply can't.
   I started out at 240, and I thought that I would have a lot of loose skin, but I have been very fortunate to have little problem with that. The thing that still freaks me out are the bones showing that never did before. I notice lately that my ribs show all over. Is that normal? 
   Another freaky thing that I just can't get my brain around is - I often have trouble finding clothes SMALL enough now. I love to shop the sale racks, but I find that the smaller sizes are often rare. (Why is it that when I was fat, that's all I could find on sale?!!) Size 4 fits me the best, but I often settle for 6's because I don't find a lot of 4's on sale. The awesome thing is being able to wear all those cute things that I never could before.
   I have absolutely no regrets about having the surgery. I does disappoint me sometimes that food just isn't fun anymore, but I have found so many other things to enjoy. I hope everyone else is as happy as I am.
   Best wishes to all.
J
John W.
on 10/20/08 9:56 pm - Near Topeka, KS
Are you talking about changing your avatar or uploading a new photo?

To upload a new photo, just go to your photo section in your profile and you will see the upload photos section.

The avatar requires a bit more, but it is pretty simple. Go to your profile and in the upper left corner is the "Customize Profile" section. You want to look at the upper left side of that screen and you will see an "update avatar" section. You just need to make sure that your photo is not too big (20K I believe is the limit) or OH will not allow it to be downloaded. There are some free sites (I use http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ ) that will help you size your photo properly.

I hope this helps and answers your? We look forward to seeing you.

John

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

artlady
on 10/25/08 1:26 am - NY
Thanks! It took a little playing around, but I finally got it to work.
lv2beasahm
on 10/21/08 5:28 am - Pennsville, NJ
Hi Joyce!  Welcome to the May 2007 board!  You and I are about the same size now.  I'm loving my size 4s.  Places like Fashion Bug and Cato have saved me.  I'm able to get size 4 jeans there a lot and the prices aren't that high.  I started at 265.8 and I'm about 138 now (I'm 5'8").  I got really lucky because I don't have much loose skin either.  I was sure I'd look gross.  It's not that bad.  I can see my ribs too.  My surgeon tells me not to sweat it.  He says I look terrific. lol  Food and I still have a love/hate relationship.  There are days I love it and days I force feed myself.  A lot has changed in 17 months. lol

Looks like you're doing terrific!  Don't be a stranger here. :)
* Cyndi *

artlady
on 10/25/08 1:30 am - NY
Hi, 
   I really appreciate your reply. I have been out of the loop for a while, and I wonder sometimes if I am "normal". Lately, I have had several people tell me that I am not too thin. But I wonder if that is because they have been so used to me being obese. My BMI is around 22, so I think that I am fine. Again, thanks for your feedback. It means a lot.
Joyce
artlady
on 10/25/08 1:31 am - NY
Oops... I meant that they tell me that I am too thin.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 575 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1210 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1185 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 955 views