Happy Halloween

lv2beasahm
on 10/31/08 12:30 am - Pennsville, NJ
Just popping in to wish you all a great Halloween.
* Cyndi *

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/08 10:26 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Happy Halloween....I am up to 160 but I go down with a few days of Whey Protein so I am back on track this morning.  I had a great Halloween.  One man in my neighborhood came galloping down the street on a horse dressed as a man with no head "the Headless Horseman".  I love Utah because everyone really gets into Halloween and I am a Halloween lover.

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Hugs,
Esther
lv2beasahm
on 11/4/08 7:29 am - Pennsville, NJ
Esther, you look fantastic!!!  We did some last-minute Halloween stuff.  It wasn't as fun as usual.  My great aunt passed away on November 1st though it was a day-by-day thing.  She loved Halloween so I was pretty sad.  But, I already have big plans for next Halloween. lol  I love to plan ahead. LOL

They're already playing Christmas songs on one Philly radio station.  It's too close for me! LOL
* Cyndi *

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/08 8:31 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
 Hi Cyndi,

Sorry to hear about your Aunt passing away.  It is so hard to lose a loved one, especially duriing the holidays.  All the stores are playiing Christmas music and all the chistmas toys, etc are out.  It's too soon for me too.  I have so much to do.  

The holidays are kind of sad for me because both my parents are gone and my favorite aunt who was like a mother to me is also gone so even though I have 4 children and lots of grandchildren I wish that my parents and auntie were still here.  My brothers both live far away so I don't get to see them either.  I know it's hard for you losing your aunt but she is probably watching over you.

Hugs,
Esther
lv2beasahm
on 11/4/08 7:15 pm - Pennsville, NJ
Well, she would have been 99 in January.  Her husband passed in April 2004.  They were married 74 years.  All she's wanted to do since is join him. :)  Her passing wasn't unexpected at all.  Her younger sister, my grandmother, passed away Christmas morning 1996.  I was 7 months pregnant.  So, though it's my second favorite holiday (Halloween rocks!), it's always a very emotional day for me.  My parents come here for Christmas dinner as does my grandfather.  He's a VERY young 92.  Obviously longevity runs on my dad's side. LOL  Today's the funeral and we've been cleaning out her room where she was staying.  She saved EVERYTHING.  I now have a bunch of photos of my great-great grandmother, my great grandmother and the siblings who passed way before I was born.  She knows I love genealogy and we'd sat together many afternoons writing down who was in the pictures.  It's pretty cool to be able to learn so much about those generations before. :)  So, it's rough on us but we know she's sooooooooooooooooo happy to be reunited with her husband.  So, there's the joy in it all.  And, she'd be impressed.  I bought a suit to wear to the funeral.  The jacket is a small, the blouse an x-small and size 4 slacks. LOL  She always saw me in jeans so she'd be thrilled I dressed up just for her. LOL
* Cyndi *

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/08 5:43 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
 It sounds like your aunt was a very special person.  It must be very lonely to live with someone for so many years and then lose them.  I love geneology too.  In Salt Lake City they have a great Gemeology library.  My best friend from California are going to go there and spend a day looking up ancestors.  It will be fun having here here.  I have a lot of photos and don't have a clue who half the people are in the photos.

Cleaning out their room is so hard.  You see things that you remember them wearing and I ended up keeping my mom's clothes to make quilts for all my children.  They still have her scent on them.  When I open the suitcase, it's like she is here.

well hang in there my friend, you are a very special person.

Hugs,
Esther
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 574 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1210 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1184 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 955 views