RE-gaining weight

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/08 1:53 am - Wentzville, MO
Hello Everyone!

I havent posted on this forum in quite awhile...but

Has anyone started gaining weight back yet? I had surgery 5/9/07 and I haven't gained anything back yet. Not that I want to gain any back but Im a little curious.
Im currently holding at 135 lbs which I have been since Dec 07'. I know a lot of people say after the honeymoon period you will start gaining back....so my question is how long is the honeymoon period?

feelingreat3
on 12/16/08 8:54 am
RNY on 01/23/11 with
I'm new to this part of the forum.  I haven't gained any back.  I pounce form 132-137 depending on the morning.   I feel good.  I just keep track of what I'm doing.  and I remind myself that I can't go back to that life. 

Paula  Surgery 5/9/07
267/150/132  start/goal/current

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/08 1:29 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi Chante,

I am 5 ft. 11in. and was underweight at 155.  I loved it but now I have gained 10 pounds back.  Even though people say I look better, it scares me because I want to be underweight so I can relax and not worry.  My surgery was May 7, 2007.  Enjoy it.  I wish I weren't gaining.

Hugs,
Esther
lv2beasahm
on 12/22/08 11:00 am - Pennsville, NJ
Esther you look FANTASTIC!  I keep hearing that I'm too small and it bugs me.  I'm 5'8" and started losing again.  I've hit my all-time low of 129.6.  It's sooooooooooooo weird.  My husband thinks I'm losing on purpose.  I feel like I eat too much.  Who knows.  It's a weird time.
* Cyndi *

armra1967
on 12/29/08 5:51 am - Lakewood, NY
I had Lap RNY 1 year and 7 mos. ago today. I've lost 105 lbs. and have not gained anything back. I fluctuate between 154 - 160. That said, the thought of gaining anything back scares the hell out of me.

Christine S.
on 7/3/10 9:15 am - Marlborough, MA
I had my surgery in may 2007 and have fluctuated +/- 10 lbs.  I've also experienced adrenal fatigue and a new diagnosis of hypothyroidism.  I have 15lbs to lose to reach IBW. 

Denice57
on 10/24/10 5:54 pm - Elk Grove, CA

I'm 3 1/2years out and have gained 34lbs back. I started gaining at about the 2 year mark. I hadn't been worrying very much about what I ate because I couldn't eat much at a sitting. I did develop the habit of grazing and I think that is how I managed to gain the weight back. That and slacking off at the gym. The exercise has always been key to maintaining my weight. I just set a goal to loose 30 lbs in the next six months. I thnk it finally hit me that all the new clothes I bought last year don't fit me this year. I had it in my mind that I would never have to worry about having more than one size in my closet again. Yet here I am again looking at closet full of clothes that don't fit. At least I got a grip before I let myself gain any more.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 571 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1206 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1179 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 950 views